Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which ruger 10/22 to get. I've been looking at them on Buds. My 11 year old daughter has expressed a yearning for more than the single shot that she gets from her cricket .22. I have to admit that it's hard to load that one round into the chamber. Anyway on Buds they come in so many stock configurations. I know I want get her one with the multi-position adjustable stock (she's growing so fast). Anyone have experience with these ATI, Tapco, ect..?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Trying to decide which ruger 10/22 to get. I've been looking at them on Buds. My 11 year old daughter has expressed a yearning for more than the single shot that she gets from her cricket .22. I have to admit that it's hard to load that one round into the chamber. Anyway on Buds they come in so many stock configurations. I know I want get her one with the multi-position adjustable stock (she's growing so fast). Anyone have experience with these ATI, Tapco, ect..?
I have an ati foldable adjustable stock I put on when I first got the gun years ago. Worked great for the grandkids. For some reason a couple weeks ago I was bored I guess and put the original wood stock back on when I was cleaning it.

Reason I bought it was to fit in the smaller pocket of my rifle bag. Along with my ar in the bigger part. Worked great.

I use a cheap barska red dot but if you want to use the iron sights is comes with a drop down adapter for the stock. Adds may by an inch or 2 to the stock.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have the 50th Anniversary edition.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after thinking about it, I changed my mind. Just love the simplicity and reliability of a bolt gun. I found that CZ makes a great youth .22. It's the CZ 452 scout. Listed as a single shot but it accepts CZ 5 and 10 round magazines. It's bigger than the cricket but my daughter is growing so... Anyone handled one of these? Looking at the pics of them, they make the ruger 10/22 seem cheap and fragile.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
So after thinking about it, I changed my mind. Just love the simplicity and reliability of a bolt gun. I found that CZ makes a great youth .22. It's the CZ 452 scout. Listed as a single shot but it accepts CZ 5 and 10 round magazines. It's bigger than the cricket but my daughter is growing so... Anyone handled one of these? Looking at the pics of them, they make the ruger 10/22 seem cheap and fragile.
Yeah CZ makes some really nice rimfires.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
I would not support buds

That said CZ makes a dandy gun

But many of them are made for adult hunters so fit for her you will want to check

And if I was doing a 10/22 it would be a takedown model pref a tactial threaded barrel model

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
No experience with any aftermarket stocks, but I do own a takedown in stainless steel and it has been a great rifle, but for some weird reason I like my Marlin model 60 the most. It's probably the fact it's sporting a wood stock and has a lot of history. Over 12 million sold making it the most sold 22LR rifle I do believe.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Have you owned a 10/22? A friend bought a take down model and it took $75 in parts to get it to run smooth. Never seen a rifle so crabby out of the box. On the other hand, one can buy lots of aftermarket parts. The CZ sounds like a better idea and you can add a recoil pad or spacers later for extra length.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Anyone handled one of these? Looking at the pics of them, they make the RUGER 10/22 seem cheap and fragile.
I don't believe you and I have been formally introduced but were I to hazard a guess I'd wonder if you might need to have the dosage of your meds checked by a professional.

CHEAP OR FRAGILE??? In a Ruger 10-22??

Is that what someone else told you? Did you hear that at a gun shop? Some of the stories I've read here of the mister Know It All king dufus that don't know Jack:censored:about Ruger or likely any other gun maker. I've lost count of all the Ruger's I've owned.

Listen to WrongRecRoom. He's a Guru hereabouts. He's forgotten more about AKs and Warsaw-Pact guns in general than I ever knew. Plus Ruger has EXCELLENT Customer Service from what I understand. I've NEVER had to call them in approximately 36 years (estimated) of owning Ruger handguns and rifles. In that 36 years I've bought 1 10-22 carbine brand spanking new. All the others were used and ALL have performed well.

You've been here 3+years and have 48 posts. Perhaps if you asked a few more questions of folks what KNOW of which they speak than some snot nosed salesman at a gun shop you'd know a thing or 2.

I need a drink. OldVet.......get up get up GET UP

Reactions: runningscott

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You can get the dope on the 12/22s and the CZ over on Rimfire Central. Some swear by 10/22s, some at them. But it does not appear to be an accident that you can easily drop the full price of the gun into aftermarket upgrades. I felt bad about the recommendation so did the work for him.

My daughter has an affinity to bolt guns and iron sights, so she would like the CZ.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH boy noname I'm sorry I didn't mean the ruger 10/22 itself seemed cheap and delicate. Just that these after market stocks seemed that way. I'm used to my handguns being mostly plastic, but I guess I just not used to rifles made of plastic. Thanks for the heads up about the ruger American I'll look into that one.

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Get the youth model 10/22. When she gets older you can purchase a full size factory stock. Better yet, purchase her a whole new one when she gets older and hold onto the youth model for the grandkids.

Reactions: runningscott
1 - 13 of 13 Posts