Discussion Starter #1
looking for a new shotgun for HD

Been looking at the
Mossy 590
Mossy 500
Benelli nova the short tactile one
And the

Hk Fabarms Fp6

Maybe a 870 if i can find one used wont buy a new remington again after they screwed me on a rifle..

All fit me about the same and i just cant make my mind up Any pors'cons of each one ??

kind of wat a full pistol grip stock the Hk comes with one none of the rest do but i know i can get them for a 500 590 and 870 ... The nova ya cant ...

Help me spend some going back to work for probley one week money

Thx Rob

:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I said the 870, they are cheep and there are lots of parts for them. But most anything on you list will work.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a 590. Good gun. Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anything that you feel comfortable with,and goes bang. Mossy,Remington, whatever. I happen to have two Mossy\'s, got a good price for them,and I jumped on them,but if they were Remingtons,I\'d be satisfied also.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
They should all work for you. Which one do you really want. ;)

I have the 500 and 870. Both have functioned flawlessly for me.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Originally posted by Tc300mag1
I dont know what i want thats the problem
I didn\'t know if maybe you already had a favorite or not.

If you can \"try them on\" then do that and see which one fits the best and handles the best for you. All of them you listed should function fine. The 870 probably has the most parts and kits available followed by the Mossy options. The other options have stuff available as well, just not quite as much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All good choices but I\'d pick a Benelli Nova Special Purpose 18.5\" barrel with ghost ring sights. Here\'s why: http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/benellinovajb.htm

Besides it just plain looks black shotgun evil cool.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just picked up an 870 new...I was missing that Winchester 1300 defender I sold a few years ago....never shoulda done that...the 870 is nice..forgot what 2 3/4 in Magnum 00 buck feels like to shoot 6 shells fast at a time...Its nothing like the AR! :D

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else got a opinion on a winchester 1300 defender? saw one today not bad looking gun about same cost as a mossy ... Still at a toss up ... Hoping to pick one up monday

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by AZG23
forgot what 2 3/4 in Magnum 00 buck feels like to shoot 6 shells fast at a time...Its nothing like the AR!
My Mossberg 835 will take 3 ½ inch. 00 Buck in 3 ½ inch is brutal.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked out a Hk fp 6 today a 1300 defender and a mossy like the mossie becuse price ... like the 1300 same reason ... like the Hk becuse of ghot ring/ fiber optics and a pistol grip stock... still cant decide also had a single six for a good deal i might pick up ... to many choices

·
Registered
340 Posts
mmm...3 1/2 eh....??

The Rem 870 I got will take 2 3/4 and 3 in...but I doubt Ill ever go there..2 3/4 seems to be jsut fine...and where can i find that Tactical LOW recoil stuff..??:p

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I usually use 2 ¾ in my 835 and my 590. Once in a while a shoot the 3 1/2 in the 835 just to feel the power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 870 would be my choice; I’ve had mine for years, no problems at all.
I keep an 18” barrel on for HD and when the need for bird hunting arises, the 26” light couture goes on. I use standard #4 bird shot for DH.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts