1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the following two pistols:

Sig P320 9MM
HK VP9

Which one do you recommend? I don't like Glocks, Springfield and the PPQ 9MM grip is a little short for my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love the PPQ. but you might like the P99 too. Striker fired DA/SA with decocker. Awesome ergonomics and trigger. James Bond used one for a few Brosnan films. Of the two I'd much prefer the HK VP9. Really don't like the 259 or 320.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
HK VP9 but my preference from either company would be the P229 or USP 40 both are superior weapons

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
+10000 on the P99AS- the ONLY striker I own.

Reactions: Darkstar888

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't own a VP9, but I do own a PPQ so will come from that angle. Most of the things I like about the PPQ should pretty much carry over to the VP9, except for the trough under the trigger. But please feel free to ignore the stuff on the PPQ if you'd like. ;)

I absolutely love my P320 compact (which was a pleasant surprise as I didn't think I would like it until I handled one) and it may have the better trigger for carry as it's a little heavier on my gun than the trigger on the PPQ. Both triggers are outstanding though. Both have been flawless in function and absolute tack drivers as far as accuracy goes.

I love the SigLite sites that came with the Sig but swapping out the factory sights with Trijicon HD's on the PPQ took me about 8 minutes, and I suck at those kinds of things. I really like the modularity of the P320 and I will definitely be buying the sub-compact conversion kit at some point in the near future.

As far as the PPQ goes, (I'm very glad I went with the PPQ over the VP9 btw, all about that trough under the trigger), I think the PPQ is made with better materials than the Sig. The polymer in the frame feels like it's better quality with more attention to detail. For example, the PPQ doesn't have any noticeable mold lines from the molding process. Note a huge deal, but the frames on the P320 have them, the PPQ I have doesn't. Then again, the PPQ frame can't be swapped out for new ones like the Sig so there is that. Also, the baseplates on the PPQ mags have nice rounded edges, very smooth, which I appreciate when I'm carrying it IWB. I also have to give the nod to the PPQ with the tenifer finish on the slide. The Nitron on the Sig is very good, the Tenifer on the PPQ is better and may be the best slide finish of any gun on the market.

Bottom line, I love them both for different reasons and will never part with either one of them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I closely considered the VP and the PPQ and bought the VP. After shooting it a bit, I realized that (like others) I hated the trough under the trigger as it irritated my trigger finger terribly. I sold it.

The PPQ trigger does feel good, but has a long take up with a very light trigger... possibly too light for carry duty. And the grip didn't feel nearly as good to me as the SIG P320 grip. I have heard a lot about the PPQ having sharper recoil than similar pistols, but haven't fired one in comparison. In the end, the PPQ just didn't feel as good in the hand to me as the SIG P320. And the P320 trigger is fantastic.

Ultimately, I wound up with the P320 and love it so much that I have four of them now!

Between the P320 and the M&P40 and M&P40C, I have found my favorite striker fired pistols. All of my Glocks now seem a bit crude and out-dated, in comparison to the M&Ps and P320s. My Glocks have become safe queens and the M&P40, M&P40C and P320s are getting all the carry time and range time. Awesome pistols the M&P and the P320.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can't pull the trigger on the 320 platform after seeing the pics of sunlight thru spots in the poly grip modules. I've always dreamed of an H&K but think my FNS' are just as good and under appreciated by the masses.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I can't pull the trigger on the 320 platform after seeing the pics of sunlight thru spots in the poly grip modules. I've always dreamed of an H&K but think my FNS' are just as good and under appreciated by the masses.
First I've heard of the grip problem. Didn't find anything on Google either. I'd like to see those pics.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I own three striker 9mms. PPQ, VP9 and 320C. If I could only keep one, it would be the 320. A close second is the VP9. The slight advantage goes to 320 since the VP9 is the only one with a paddle mag release. PPQ is a fine gun as well. Just is #3 for me. So I'd recommend any of them. Get the one you feel most comfortable with.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I have had a vp9 since release and it is Hansson my favorite gun. The p320 is a great gun as well but I have not shot one. I do want one however ! Either way I really don't think you can go wrong with either one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Between the two (having shot both and owning neither) it would be the P320 as I much preferred the grip and thought the trigger was a bit better as well. YMMV

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hers a novel approach . Shoot both and decide what You like best !! Lots of folks like both models and carry each . I shot both and a few others and bought the p320 compact for my primary CC .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts