Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a P99c today. The one thing holding me back is that I do not have experience with the different types of triggers available on them, so I am not sure which one to get.

I shoot well with the long smooth pull on my PM9 but I also shoot well with the the short crisp pull on my Steyr M9. I would like to have second-strike capabilities.

Does anyone have any experience with these triggers? Which one would you recommend for CCW?

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
P99

I have been using a Walther P99 40 S&W full size since 1999 for ccw. The trigger I have is the old SA/DA, now known as the AS. First shot is a long double action. Followed by single action. There is a QA version which is like a Glock. It does not have second strick capabilities, but the AS [SA/DA] does.

You will find the trigger action is very smooth after appx 500 rounds. You can help smooth it by dry fring. The 99c has the same operating trigger systems.

You only asked about the triggers, but I would add, these are great guns, somehow below the radar. The were designed by former Glock people who improved on their former products. {The last is MHO].

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I have AS and QA triggered P99's....and a few Steyr M and S-series guns....in the P99, I'm a fan of the AS triggers. My P99 QA .40's trigger pull is both heavier and longer than any of my Steyrs while my P99c and P99 AS 9mm's have excellent SA trigger pulls....the DA pull is heavier than my QA's trigger pull, but its manageable and I only have to "worry" about it with the initial shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts