• Kahr PM9

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • SW 642 Crimson Trace

Votes: 11 8.3%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The mid-size Glocks are perfect carry pistols for me. My order would be G23, G26, P239, CDP Pro, 642, PM9.

·
Registered
148 Posts
__I guess, I have carrie pistols of varrying sizes & brands concealed, with the exception of the J-Frame revolvers. I've always been a semi-auto guy for capacity reasons. I feel that the G26 is the best combo of size, reliability, etc. Too big of a weapon can be harder to conceal, an too small can be harder to control for various reasons(EX: recoil or comfort in hand).

__The bottom line is after doing my own research I decided a Glock was the best manufacturer for me. It was just a matter of deciding which Glock fit my needs. I have found the G26 to be the perfect concealed carry firearm for me. See how all your choices feel in your hand. Then of the best, go shoot them and decide which feels the best overall to you. Reliability/ability to conceal is important. Your weather may also have a say in your choice. Warmer climates that require you to wear less layers clothes may mean you need a smaller firearm.

Good Luck making your decision!

·
Registered
93 Posts
What? No "Other" category? I'm a equal opportunity carrier. Depending on my mood, or weather, I'll carry either a Glock 21SF, RIA Officer model, or my Sig GSR 1911 Platinum Carry Elite.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant get over the size and capacity of the sig. The glock 23 same size with almost double the rounds.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I often carry a Sig P239 .40 cal, a Kimber Stainless Compact (near size to poll option, although heavier), a Kahr CW9 (similar to poll option) or a S&W 637 Airweight (again similar to poll oprion). I have no Glocks. The S&W and Kahr tend to get the vast majority of carry time lately.

I have no single answer

surv

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Of your choices the Glock-26, but no Glock-19 or Glock-36?:confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I picked 'Kimber pro CDP II' because I am carrying it as we speak :hand56:

·
Registered
109 Posts
+1. I carry a SIG229 in a .40, and yes I just love SIG's that much.
I love sigs, but perferably the p229 or p220. 239 doesn't have enough ammo for me. Plus I had to be honest, I am wearing a cdpII pro as I type this so I had to go with the cdp II. Other wise I'd choose the sig sauer p229 which I have as well half an arms length away

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well, I'll vote for the G23 since that's what I'm wearing right now. Just curious, if you prefer the .40, why not have the G27 in your poll instead of the G26?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I'll vote for the G23 since that's what I'm wearing right now. Just curious, if you prefer the .40, why not have the G27 in your poll instead of the G26?
Had G26 first and cost of ammo. My 23 isn't that much larger. I wish I never got the P239 and went with the P229, but they are big for ccw.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had G26 first and cost of ammo. My 23 isn't that much larger. I wish I never got the P239 and went with the P229, but they are big for ccw.
The p239 is a good gun, its much more concealable than the p229 yet both still concealable. Only downer on the p239 is its a single stack mag with only 6-7 rounds I believe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hands down the Kimber, with the 642 coming in a distant second.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
None of those choices are what I carry, but any of them will do the job.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts