Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for a preference between just two pistols. I don't want a Glock, or what kind of oil to use, just the preference between the DW CCO or the DW Guardian. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: intra.active1

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I would have to go with the guardian. I have the ECO right now. I like the front strap serrations versus the chain link. I like the bobbed grip with one more round available. They are pretty much the same gun with the guardian being a true commander.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Flip a coin, that's a SUBjective call. :yup:

Reactions: blackhawkfann24

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a DW CCO, and I absolutely love it! I think I'd prefer the Guardian, however. I believe the way I carry I could conceal it just as easy at the CCO and gain a round in the process. But seriously, like Ghost Tracker said, flip a coin - they are both fantastic!

·
Premium Member
6,423 Posts
I want both. And an ECO. :hand5:

If you don't already have a Commander-sized 1911, I'd probably go with the Guardian first.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want both. And an ECO. :hand5:

If you don't already have a Commander-sized 1911, I'd probably go with the Guardian first.
I have the ECO and love it. It's not your moms 3in Officers....it has a 3.5in barrel and a flat recoil that is good for 150,000 rds. I did not like the original grips so, I put the green CT grips on it and imho it is awesome.

And that is like eating chips, I just want another Dan Wesson. Think after reading this I will go with the Guardian and leave the grips as they are.

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't have the ECO. I have a Guardian. It shoots great and is very easy to conceal. You cannot go wrong with ant DW.

One thing I will have to admit, it is not my EDC. The only reason is that I don't train enough with SA's to think I will remember to take the safety off. I carry pistols with no manual safeties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
The only reason is that I don't train enough with SA's to think I will remember to take the safety off. I carry pistols with no manual safeties.
I'm sort of the opposite. I mainly carry the XDs these day, and when I pull one out I catch myself swiping at a thumb safety that's not there.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I, too, often swipe down a non-existent thumb safety. Even on...revolvers! :blink:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Get the ECO or CCO if you need to have a shorter butt on the gun for CCW.

I know of one guy who sold his CCO to get a better grip on the
Guardian..even though it has a BOB tail grip.

It was easier for him to control.

I've never been a BOB lover and do like the notion that DW has went back
to offer fans the true Commander type guns like the Valkyrie.

My sweet-shooting Ruger 9mm CMD is a bit too heavy for me to pack around,
and the butt is way longer than that of my RAMI and PPS M2.

A CCO or ECO or COLT Defender would probably work better for me if I chose to carry a LW 1911.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
An extra round and a longer barrel are very much worth the very slight difference in size. If you're committed to concealed carry, it is easy to carry and conceal a bobtailed Commander size pistol.

If you can't easily carry a bobtail Commander, then you need to go smaller than an Officer's size - go with a 9mm Shield.

Whatever 1911 you buy, of any size, get front strap checkering - you will be very thankful to have that. After buying too many 1911s with bald front straps, I will never do that again.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Think after reading this I will go with the Guardian and leave the grips as they are.
Glock 19 / Break Free :tongue:

Guardian would be my choice between the two with 1 extra round, CCO is a nice pistol too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts