Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Looks to me to just protect one person. Small size so who gets it the teacher?
Not with 30 kids refusing him/her, not if the teacher has any honor. But hey, anything's possible.

Good option: sectioned "blackboards," made of this bullet-proof stuff. Take off a panel, cover 5-6 kids. Take off all panels, cover ~30. Of course, with an armed teacher in that room, it'd be fairly nicely defended, then, with both decent cover an arms of some sort. Nicer, still, if the dang doors/windows were hardened to the point they couldn't be shot out to gain entry.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Wow! The only thing missing is a target on the white board.
This seems like a stupid idea to me.:gah:

Why can't we just have some 'armed' individuals inside the school?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Why can't we just have some 'armed' individuals inside the school?
That's fine for the person who's armed. But while the S is H'g TF, those in the range of fire need some cover. A "safe" area in the room makes a lot of sense, if it can be quickly enabled or gotten to, whether detachable bullet-proof whiteboards or something else. When the defender is done (for better or worse), then the sheltered kids can pick the next tactic. But while bullets are at risk of flying soon, it seems a fair option.

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
If I recall the idea behind this was there is one for each desk and each kid holds his/her own. Could save some lives, but can a 7 or 8 year old really hold on the the board while someone shoots it? I have my doubts.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Oh sure, little 6-8 year olds at Sandy Hook, with calm prodding from their teacher, would have all picked up their "white boards" and would have survived. Pigs also fly these days. Reminds me of the days in the 50's when the teacher would yell "take cover" and we would get under our desk with our arms over our heads--this was going to protect us from an atomic bomb--again I say--"the pigs are flying, the pigs are flying".

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I can see some use maybe if is was incorporated in every desk or table top and proper training (tip over desks and hide behind them). It would only be affective if you also had armed good guys in the school. It would be too easy to defeat if the bad guy was unchallenged which is the case we have on most schools today. In the best case they would only be a temporary defense.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Stupid, just stupid. Give them a FIGHTING chance..

Reactions: BenGoodLuck

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I'd love to have a piece of that stuff sized to fit the inside of my bedroom door.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I'd love to have a piece of that stuff sized to fit the inside of my bedroom door.

The Hardwire Bulletproof Peel-N-Stick Door is a whiteboard door panel that can be easily applied to any door to provide protection during a shooting salutation. NIJ Level 3A Ballistic protection. Custom cut for your door dimensions and a peel and stick installation. $1499.00 plus S&H
Hardwire LLC

See also....
http://www.hardwirellc.com/store/

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can have all the armored blackboards in the world, and this discussion still misses the point...

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Looking at the white board they showed, I see a lot of problems with it. If you use it to protect your body, your head is wide open target. If you protect your head, not only do you have no idea where the shooter is, but your body is a wide open target. But some company will make millions of dollars selling a feel good/do nothing product.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I suppose it's better than a bullet-proof coffee cup. :headscratch:

It's like they only want to dip their toe into the issue of actually providing security for these schools. They are afraid of the truth, which is the only way that you stop a person with a gun, is with a person with a gun. Otherwise law enforcement wouldn't trouble themselves with carrying firearms.

·
Registered
42,132 Posts
I suppose it's better than a bullet-proof coffee cup. :headscratch:

It's like they only want to dip their toe into the issue of actually providing security for these schools. They are afraid of the truth, which is the only way that you stop a person with a gun, is with a person with a gun. Otherwise law enforcement wouldn't trouble themselves with carrying firearms.
The cup isn't bullet proof to protect you, silly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those whiteboards are NIJ 3a certified. If bad guy is using a semi-auto rifle chambered 5.56,7.62x39 or 7.62x51 the whiteboard would not stand a chance and would probably fail within few shots.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
This is a perfect example of parananoia and stupidity run rampant. The school feels a need to show parents it is doing something to protect its children, yet it does a stupid thing like this.

Reactions: Secret Spuk

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
The Hardwire Bulletproof Peel-N-Stick Door is a whiteboard door panel that can be easily applied to any door to provide protection during a shooting salutation. NIJ Level 3A Ballistic protection. Custom cut for your door dimensions and a peel and stick installation. $1499.00 plus S&H
Hardwire LLC

See also....
Hardwire LLC

Nice, but a little spendy for me!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
How about some assault-style dry erase markers to go with the board?
And you can use your LaserMax as a handy pointer on the bullet proof white board.

Reactions: Secret Spuk
1 - 20 of 30 Posts