Defensive Carry banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Whether its truly on the mind of the president or not , I think that every one who voted for him ought to write him a letter and give him your views on the subject. It's all well and good discuss the matter but right now is the time to act if you actually want to do something about it because every liberal gun grabber are jumping on this incident to write up gun grabbing bills.
Personally I'm writing him to let him know that I would hope that he wouldn't fall for media hype and sensationalism. The fact of the matter is that there are 20 to 30% more murders committed by hammer blows in America per year than so called assault rifles, so as far I'm concerned , if he wants to do some feel good banning, maybe he ought to look at banning hammers. I voted for him specifically because of gun rights and I doubt I'm the only one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bump stocks of course are not guns. I guess you could call them an accessory of sorts, maybe similar to suppressors or some other device. They just are not something I'd burn my NRA card over.
Respectfully what would It take for you to burn your NRA card?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
IF Trump pushes an AWB, he's thrown the NRA under the bus.
If Trump pushes an AWB, he's thrown us under the bus. The 2A was one of the biggest reasons I voted for him. I imagine that's the case for a whole lot of folks.

To be fair, while I don't think Trump explicitly cares about our 2nd amendment rights, I think that it would be highly unlikely at this time that we're going to be able to avoid ANY further restrictions. There's simply too much power on the left in terms of mobilizing the media and the crowds.
You bring up a good point. If there's anything the left does well it's getting their voices heard. Of course, we won't/don't have the advantage of the media being on our side, but we can certainly get better organized and better at voicing our positions to our lawmakers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You bring up a good point. If there's anything the left does well it's getting their voices heard. Of course, we won't/don't have the advantage of the media being on our side, but we can certainly get better organized and better at voicing our positions to our lawmakers.
It's hard not to be heard when every media outlet WANTS you to be heard.
It's much harder to be heard when every media outlet wants to SHUT YOU UP.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
It’s not about bump stocks it’s about opening the door to more gun control. I have submachineguns so I could care less about bump stocks. Trump and the NRA sold us out the worst is yet to come unfortunately.
And you would expect more positive results under HRC, the woman whom stated the SCOTUS has the 2nd amendment all wrong? Says a Australia buy back is OK with her?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
We wouldn't have these problems if Jill Stein was President..................:blink:

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Bump stocks of course are not guns. I guess you could call them an accessory of sorts, maybe similar to suppressors or some other device. They just are not something I'd burn my NRA card over.
Respectfully what would It take for you to burn your NRA card?
For me to deep six the biggest 2nd Amendment gun rights game in town it would take something far less trivial than some tactical stance they might be taking regarding some obscure accessory that a very tiny percentage of gun owners ever have had or ever will have any use or need for. That would be too much like cutting off my nose to spite my face. There is a reason why the NRA is so despised by the anti gun crowd.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Is no one stating the obvious? The assault rifle, as in the AR15? Is not, and will never be an assault rifle!
It is referred to, constantly, as an assault rifle.
It is a self-loading rifle, never was, and never will be a select fire Mil-Spec firearm! IE An Assault Rifle.

Educate all you speak too, who are not gun people on this major error in the press, and on TV.
When the Clintons, Obamas, and the turncoat, John McCain, disarm their bodyguards, I might leave my G19 at home (Na, I will not!)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts