Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just a question. Isnt the original grips (the rubber ones, Hogue grips? I am pretty sure they are so in that respect they already make grips for them.
When I called Hogue, they told me that they were working on compact, finger groove wooden grips to replace the factory wooden grips. They said that at that time (several months ago) they had no plans for any rubber and/or boot grips for the K6s

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
When I called Hogue, they told me that they were working on compact, finger groove wooden grips to replace the factory wooden grips. They said that at that time (several months ago) they had no plans for any rubber and/or boot grips for the K6s
Unfortunately, that will do nothing about the protection of the hand from the back strap. Don't get me wrong, I love the K6s. Just floating ideas to mitigate the recoil a little.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like the way they look and feel, sadly, have never shot one. I would think they would make a good carry revolver, if one were so inclined to go that route.

I have nothing against a healthy price tag on a firearm, in most cases, {I said most} you get what you pay for. I do, for some reason, balk at the Kimber asking price for their cylinder gun. There are other guns I'd rather buy for that type of coinage........

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Love the revolver (don't own one, but work in a gun shop, Kimber dealers)...I wish it were lighter, or they would make an aluminum 38 version. Otherwise, love everything about it.

Reactions: svgheartland

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a Kimber Micro .380 8+1, a Kimber Micro 9 8+1, and an Airweight J-frame further lightened to 12.5 oz with titanium cylinder and reamed for 9mm.

The 9mm J-frame is lightest and chronos as more powerful than the Micro 9, but the Micro .380 is flatter and is most comfortable for pocket carry, so I carry it most often. I like the Micro 9, but rarely carry it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the K6S 2" and I love it. Sights are great and handles .357 well. I can shoot it better than my sp101 or s&w's. Great gun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have one with the black rubber grips. The trigger is perhaps the best or one of the best factory revolver triggers in the business. The gun is extremely well made. Now as to weight. Yes it is heavier than some of the competition, but then again, i find the additional weight makes shooting 38 Plus P loads a dream and 357 loads manageable, albeit not particularly pleasant. You can't really have it both ways. A very very light weight gun that handles very hot loads well. I am quite pleased with the gun.

Reactions: Ceapea

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Kiimber K6S

I've had a Kimber K6S for about two years. High quality and great trigger. In my opinion, it is two heavy to comfortably pocket carry. I gave it a try and went back to carrying a S&W M442 when I wanted to pocket carry a revolver.

IMG_5643.JPG

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, good news for me!! After a little over 6 months, my K6s has resurfaced!! Took it out to verify that it still worked. Just as I remember-great trigger, very easy with +P, and pretty harsh with mags. Man, I'm glad to have it back. Now I need to figure out what to do with the P365, XDS and SP101 I picked up to try to replace it with.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well, good news for me!! After a little over 6 months, my K6s has resurfaced!! Took it out to verify that it still worked. Just as I remember-great trigger, very easy with +P, and pretty harsh with mags. Man, I'm glad to have it back. Now I need to figure out what to do with the P365, XDS and SP101 I picked up to try to replace it with.

Did you hide it so well that you forgot where you put it?

I find myself doing that a lot, the older I get. I've started taking pictures (with my cellphone) of things I place, in places I don't normally place them. Lol.

As far as the Sp101, just put it in your carry rotation. It is an awesome revolver.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am seriously considering picking up the Kimber K6S. I like the one with night sights. I think that it would be perfect with Speer Gold Dot 135gr +p ammo.

I've handled them, but have not shot one yet. The triggers (during dry fire) are really nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kind of forgot?-don't know. We moved in Feb(1st move in over 42 years). Luckily turns out maybe it was misplaced. Stolen, fell in the trash, mixed in with the many goodwill drop-offs? I fretted over it. Just wanted to know. Anyway, relieved. SP101 is nice, not sure what to do with it, I really like it. I also replaced my 642PC with a LCRx .38. Talk about a surprise, real nice snub. For sure the 135GD will work. I'm doing the Underwood +P 158 LSWC-HP.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts