Defensive Carry banner

Do You Carry a Second Reload? (3 Magazines total)

• I carry a second reload

Votes: 64 37.2%
  • I sometimes carry a second reload

Votes: 43 25.0%
  • I don't carry a second reload

Votes: 65 37.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you carry a second reload? I'm thinking about buying my first magazine holder and would really like to be able to carry 2 Glock 26 magazines and a 1" flashlight on my hip. However, I'm also pretty skinny (30" waist) and am worried that that setup would be either too uncomfortable or too noticeable. At the same time I wonder if I even should bother carrying a second reload. I live in a low crime suburban town that doesn't have too many crazies, and the surrounding towns are also pretty safe. I feel like 20 rounds would be enough for almost any situation, but an extra 10 would be an added comfort.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The wife and I both carry 2nd load. With her gun the clip<<<<<:image035: MAG is small she just put it in her back pocket. Mine how every I use the one that came with the gun its a XD its has rails on each end that you could put a light on or laser. I really like with a sloppy shirt you never know I have it

IMAG1275.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
i generally carry two extra mags but sometimes the mode of attire makes two difficult but NO MATTER WHAT I ALWAYS HAVE AT LEAST ONE EXTRA MAG. I also live in an area that is low crime-nice neighborhood, but within a mile or two are areas of sometimes serious problems. ALWAYS ARMED!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just do it. If you feel it's not worth the hassle, eventually you'll drop it. But, at that moment you no longer wonder.

A lot of folks carry a five-shot snubby with maybe one speed strip. I don't feel undergunned carrying a Glock 19 with no reload most of the time. If I'm going to places with a lot of people (cinema, mall, city park, etc.) then I may bring one reload.

If I feel that I need more than one reload, I'll carry a second gun instead, preferably a rifle. Or, I can choose not to go.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just do it. If you feel it's not worth the hassle, eventually you'll drop it. But, at that moment you no longer wonder.

A lot of folks carry a five-shot snubby with maybe one speed strip. I don't feel undergunned carrying a Glock 19 with no reload most of the time. If I'm going to places with a lot of people (cinema, mall, city park, etc.) then I may bring one reload.

If I feel that I need more than one reload, I'll carry a second gun instead, preferably a rifle. Or, I can choose not to go.
I always carry 2nd load for 20 years now. But your right about the 2nd load with a 5 shot stubby. I used the speed loaders they are a pain to carry but the winter time not bad.. I never used the strips

·
Registered
417 Posts
Always carry two mags or two speed loaders. Just my preference. As long as you're carrying something, you're doing better than most.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Question:
What is the weakest link to every semi-automatic handgun?

Any member, feel free to post the answer.
Weakest link? Id say the person holding the gun. No matter what you carry you have to be proficient. The best guns arent worth squat if you cant use it and on the other hand someone with a lot of training can be deadly with ANYTHING..

Or. If youre carrying a glock, as we all know, there is no weak link!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Taurus M605 .357 mag 5 round but I carry a 8 round speed strip.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I will probably carry an extra mag, even though my 17 round mags are legal here. It's too easy to miss in a very stressful situation no matter how good you are, and I am FAR from being really, really good.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i carry two reloads when i carry my shield. i just feel better having 24 rather then 16, plus with a single stack they carry just fine. if i carry my fns ill only carry one.

the weakest link of any firearm, shooter not included, is the magazine (or magazine seating).

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I use Magguts mag springs in my Shield, so I'm 8+1 +9. I'm comfortable with that. Plus my wife carries. She's my BUG.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Carry one extra mag with my Shield 40, probably should carry more.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I carry only one.

Reactions: Goldy49

·
Registered
71 Posts
I carry 2 extra mags.. Always have since I started carrying so it's normal to me

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
IMO, always have an additional mag or 2 available. Since your CCW is a G26, instead of carrying 2 G26 mags, consider carrying 1 G19 (15 rounds) or 1 G17 (17 rounds). That would give you at least 25+1 rounds at your disposal and reduce the total number of items in your setup. Of course, there's always the 33 round mag if you're so inclined.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts