Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this caliber is not very popular , the ballistics look impressive , I'm thinking of picking up a "gasp" Glock 32-.357sig , I'm a reloader so the ridiculous price of the ammo doesn't matter to me , I'm also thinking of the Glock 23 -.40 s&w and getting the sig barrel for it any one doing the same ?

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I've had a G33 on me a few times. A bit on the rambunctious side with some rocket loads, but a fun little thing nonetheless. The .357 Sig should be a lot more popular than it is, it's a cool little round that can do some impressive things without needing a heavy gun and being a pain in the backside to shoot (recoil wise). Ammo prices are ridiculous across the board, so I don't really let that stop me. It's the variety in choice that can suck. Luckily with the Internet, 99% of the time you can find something somewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Until recently I was carrying a P229 in 357. Carrying a P320 9mm right now, but already have a 357 kit that one it passes a functions check will get the call.

Reactions: HoustonB77

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I've got a 32 and a 357 Sig barrel for my 23, they get carried.
Chrono averages:
Speer Gold Dot 125 gr. @ 1,344 fps / 501# KE
Federal HST 125 gr. @ 1,358 fps / 512# KE

Reactions: farsidefan1

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
HK P2000 V1 with Trijicon HD sights in a Vedder Lighttuck about 90% of the time, or at least it was till it went in for some work back in OCT. Should (hopefully) get it back sometime in APR. Consider this a before pic:

I also have a SIG 226 with a conversion barrel. I really like the caliber, for me it's slightly easier to control than .40 and it's actually cheaper to reload than the .40. Actually has more bark than bite when it comes to shooting it, one of those calibers that get's noticed when you touch one off on the range. Shooting drills from cover the concussion is noticeable.

I reload using Dillon carbide dies so I skip the use a .40 FL sizer extra step. Use the right bullet (long bearing surface, blunt nose) and you'll have no issues. I find it no harder to reload than any other caliber.

Chuck

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a Glock 32 and SIG P226 in .357 SIG that make it onto the belt once in a while. I do like the cartridge.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Much like everybody else in this thread, I plan to get a 357 SIG barrel for my P229, and will likely end up getting a G23 with a 357 barrel in the near future. Heck, I might even just shortcut and get a G32.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Don't know anything about Glocks, but I converted my Sig P239 from .40 to .357 Sig a few years ago. Really like the caliber.

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
I bought the VP40. As soon as HK started production of the 357 Sig barrel, it became a 357 Sig. I love the caliber.

Like you, I've been known to reload from time to time.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I carry a Glock 32, I personally feel a little bit under gunned with a 9mm. And those Glock 20's are a little hard to conceal.

My pet load is a 124 gr XTP with some aa#9. Through the chronograph they are going about 1430fps. Good enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I regularly carry a custom Browning High Power .40 with a KKM .357 Sig conversion barrel. It's my absolute favorite carry pistol. As for the caliber being "unpopular", it sure has a strong following among those of us who...SHOOT it! :yup:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Ever since my buddy put his G33 into my hands, I have had a love for the .357SIG. I loved shooting it! But I recall it having quite a bit of punch. In other words, hard to get back on target quickly. Which is a thing for me because I am a more rounds on target vs power behind the round on target kind of guy.

To this day (just last night), I still consider buying a P239 in .357SIG though. I figure it's heft and a Hogue grip will keep it in line. If it didn't though, what would it take to make it a 9mm? Knowing that will make or break it for me.

As for ammo costs - yeah it's expensive. But the one thing about 357SIG is, you don't really need to buy expensive ammo for it to be effective. For example, my .380. There are only a few rounds that I feel comfortable using for social work and it's expensive! Sure it's cheaper to practice with, but when you factor in the carry ammo that you need to practice with as well, it gets pretty expensive as well. Most all 357SIG ammo will get her done - hence one of the reasons the round is so awesome!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I regularly carry a custom Browning High Power .40 with a KKM .357 Sig conversion barrel. It's my absolute favorite carry pistol. As for the caliber being "unpopular", it sure has a strong following among those of us who...SHOOT it! :yup:
I'm another that has a .357Sig barrel for my .40 BHP. Carry it when I want some more possible Ooomph depending on circumstances. I actually prefer the .357Sig to .40

1 - 20 of 48 Posts