Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread in which the writer suggested getting an out of state permit, as it would be easier to get than the home state. It got me wondering, who here has the most active permits, due to moving, traveling, etc. Just thought it would be interesting to see how many permits some people have. :scratchchin: :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
See my signature line!!

Pretty good for a foreigner??

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
One

I have one. However I have found that adding Florida or Utah, the two most popular actually gain me nothing. If I went with just them I would actually lose some states so I think I will stick with one. Now I just wish we could get a lifetime permit like Indiana.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Just 2. TX and PA. I just got my PA non-resident license a couple of weeks ago. The TX renewal process is taking 4+ months and I want to be covered in case my TX permit expires before the renewal gets processed.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Just the one VA, but then the only thing FL or TX would give me is GA and AL and I don't go down there anyway.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I have 7 Here they are NY(Nassau County), Connecticut, Florida, Maine,New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Utah. I may get Texas while there in a few weeks.

I also have State Id cards for Florida,Arizona, and Nevada. Anybody do better?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just 2. TX and PA. I just got my PA non-resident license a couple of weeks ago. The TX renewal process is taking 4+ months and I want to be covered in case my TX permit expires before the renewal gets processed.
Are you sure that, as a Texas resident, your PA non-res would be legal for carrying in Texas in the absence of a valid Texas permit?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Connecticut Resident and Pennsylvania Non-Resident. I may add Utah Non-Res as a Christmas present to my self.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Are you sure that, as a Texas resident, your PA non-res would be legal for carrying in Texas in the absence of a valid Texas permit?
If I read another post correctly, yes they would be covered. Looks Hinky at first glance by LEO's but all legal.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
My single FL permit covers anywhere I need/want to go.:yup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Idaho resident and Utah non-resident. Now that Nevada has dropped Utah, I am probably going to have to get a Nevada non-resident.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i currently have one(utah) but plan on getting the texas and florida ones soon.

i don't know about the PA non-resident, but the UTAH non-resident is good if you live in texas and don't have a texas permit. the PA permit should work the same way as the UTAH one does, but i have not checked into the PA one. i got the utah permit first because it only took 2 months to get and was WAY cheaper (along with some other reasons) as opposed to the 6+ months it's taking for the texas permits.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I have 2 SC CWP and NH Non Res

·
Registered
116 Posts
It appears that there are only 14 states that do not honor the Michigan CPL. They are OR, CA, WI, IL, IA, NY, ME, RI, MA, CT, NJ, MD and DC. DC ? So, this countries Capital does not recognize the right to carry for a MI citizen to carry, what's up with that?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts