Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do for one! Always have hand on my wallet for one thing! And other arm tightly tucked in to cover the piece.

Gets worse with age but I have a distinct dislike for suffering being jossled. Add to that a near impossibility to stay on top of who is who and what they might be up to. Further consideration is sometimes extreme difficulty of escape.

I never did do much watching of games live - maybe partly for this reason - if too I were to want to go to a game with no carry allowed - well that'd be out anyways!. Worst in recent years is local County Fairground - Fair week watching tractor pulling or Friday night stock cars - even then not so much crowds as - just ''a lotta people" - manageable.

I do now certainly take active measures to avoid crowds - even if it means missing out on something.

Odd? Maybe.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I hate em too. Not all that old yet, He -he. Just don't like people elbow to elbow with me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Im a crowd hater as well! my biggest fear is to be in a crowd of people and something go wrong and they all stampeed! So i feel ya !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last weekend my wife and I went to the D.C. auto show. Too d*mn crowded, and to be honest, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

But the FIRST thing as we were getting off of the Metro - I put my wallet in my front pocket and walked around the whole time with my hand in my pocket.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wife and I went to the D.C. auto show.
You mean - someone from this board - actually visits DC! :eek: :18:

·
Banned
151 Posts
Well if you lived in my crime infested cowtown you would really hate going anyplace with many people.

Around here they attack in WalMart parking lots. At Malls. At the car washs. Gas stations.

There is just no safe place after you leave home.

I am here to tell you if you go out at night you better be armed and ready to defend yourself.

If you think our new little friends won't attack you with many others around you guess again.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Being around large crowds makes me nervous, too...in the high school in which I teach, I make it a point to avoid being in the halls during class change. Not because the students are any worse (they are probably better behaved) than in alot of other public schools, but because the halls are too darn crowded (we need a "hall-stretcher"--anyone have a spare one handy?). :yup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Chris, ask Steve, in a crowd my money is in my boot. Good place for the wallet too. Tulsa is a good place for a crowd.

What, you don't wear boots? Well, start. :yup:

Not too many crowds around here, and I try to avoid them if at all possible. When I go to a tractor pull or parade, it is as a participant, not as a spectator.

I guess the last time I was in a real crowd was at the Who concert at Folsom Field in Boulder (1989?). Worth it, but still an uneasy feeling around that many people (even if most of them were stoned).

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
About the biggest crowd I can handle any more, is the one in wally-world.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I hate most people, so I guess that means I hate crowds. It's not so much that I'm a hatefull person or scared of them, but I believe the majority of people are morons, and then there are the minority that are actually bad. Good crowds would mainly include sporting events, again filled with morons but at least I'm usually entertained by the game.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Crowds? Nothing makes me nuttier than crowds. I still prefer a quiet creek with crickets and chiggers over people.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I no like crowds either! :hand1: makes me want to :twak: somebody upside the head.

Ti

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I moved from California to Idaho, does that answer the question

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I had justfinally quit crowds , then along came grandkids , now i have to do all the parades, ect.. all over agin < sigh >

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have disliked crowds and any crowded places since returning from Vietnam.

I also don't do Wally World because I don't have a lot of tolerance for stupid people........ :buttkick:

I go into a restaurant, I sit with my back to a wall, or I go elsewhere to eat. Another 'leftover' from Vietnam. While traveling this past weekend with our college age son, we stopped at a restaurant for a good meal before the last leg of the trip home. While waiting for the meal, we had a chance to visit and he made this observation while watching me: he said, "Dad, one thing that has never changed about you is the way your eyes move and the way you constantly take everything in.... you don't miss a thing."

Guess that explains why I don't like crowds.... too much information for my old brain to process in a timely fashion ! :blink:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Amen fed
Mike

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
PatrioticRick said:
You and everybody else...lol. :wave: (me included)

Crowds don't bother me too much unless it's literally elbow to elbow. The worst is when a group or family is walking down the aisle and decide to stop for a second for whatever reason and stop the entire flow of traffic (such as a swap meet or fair).
((My in-laws are very guilty about this))

·
Registered
402 Posts
PatrioticRick said:
i closed a successful small business in north carolina to start all over in montana for that same reason.

i dont like crowds. in fact, i dont like people in general. i dont go shopping, i dont roam the mall, i dont go out "with the guys". aside from occassionally taking my family out to dinner (where i sit with my back to a solid wall) or attending a function at my childrens school, i avoid crowds completely. if my business didnt require direct human interaction i would never leave my rural property where there isnt another soul for miles, which is just how i like it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts