Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Taurus PT145 45acp semi-auto pistol (I'm happy with it)

Fixin to get (yeah, I'm from the south) a Bond Arms Derringer in 45acp.

Thinking about one day getting a revolver too and trying to decide if want to stay with same caliber (45acp) or go with what's considered a standard revolver/round.

Is anyone here setup to where ALL your handguns use/shoot the same bullets?

·
Registered
632 Posts
All of my carry/serious use pistols are 9mm and even the same platform. Of course I have a couple of fun guns that don't fit with the group. It would be hard and kind of impractical to completely consolidate to one caliber. If anything a .22 pistol is almost required and that throws complete consolidation out the window. Niche guns are what they are but I like having all my serious use guns eating the same ammo and able to swap mags (using larger mags as reloads in smaller ones).

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
With the exception of a .38 revolver my dad gave when I turned 18 everything I have and plan to have is in 9mm.

It's cheap to shoot generally easy to find so I only have to keep on caliber... pistol caliber that is.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, I currently only own 9mm pistols as does my wife. After 30 years, I have decided that the Glock 19 is perfect for me and that is my gun of choice. (I have a few spares 19s) My wife's current gun is the Glock 26 (she also has a spare). Between the two of us, we have owned 150 or so guns, so we have had "a few" others in the past.

While working as an LEO, I always carried a BUG, a S&W .38 special (different models over the years). A couple of years ago I switched out my S&W 342ti .38 for a Ruger LCR .38. Then earlier this year, I sold the LCR and bought a Walther PPS 9mm (my second one in the last few years). I no longer carry a BUG, but did want a "I'm not carrying a gun" gun for certain occasions throughout the year. The PPS fills this role currently, things might change when the Springfield XDS 9mm becomes available or better yet, when (if ever) Glock introduces a single stack sub-compact 9mm. :smile:

But yes, all 9mm handguns at this time.

·
Super Moderator
22,295 Posts
I've tried, the best I can do is 5 handgun calibers.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have a glock 23 with .357 and 9mm conversion barrels, and a taurus pt-22. I like to be able to shoot any caliber I come across cheap, so I still need to get a .380 and a .45. Maybe some wheel guns, but realistically, most cheap ammo is in common auto calibers.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I also tried best i can do is snubs in .38 / .357 I keep one 9 mm g17 for the nightstand because of the nightsights an rail for glocklight great for clearing the yard. Got to have a mk111 for plinkinig an zombies

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shooting only one caliber is like eating the same flavor of ice cream all of the time. But the way things are around here I will not complain about vanilla ice cream ever again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Different calibers for different purposes. I'd want something bigger than a 9 if I were heading to the woods. Technology and physics do not favor a single caliber. I shoot 6 different calibers because they all have something to offer.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
My "go to" weapons in a pinch are all 9mm...Glock 26, Glock 19, wife's Taurus Slim, and my HiPoint 995TS carbine......Do I have other weapons in other calibers..YES!!! Now, in a SHTF scenario I'd most likely also grab my Ruger LCR .22 revolver and my Nylon 66 .22 rifle. Not that I would want to, but I'd have to leave my LCP and my 642 in the safe with a couple others until the smoke cleared and I could get back to them... :smile:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have way too many calibers, but I'm glad for the variety at times like these. If I can't find 9mm, I have .38 or .357 or something else until I can buy my primary carry ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
all of mine are .40 cal

·
Super Moderator
18,826 Posts
Have several that fire the same caliber but have gone a little over the one-caliber goal.

.22 Short
.22 Long Rifle
.25 ACP
7.62X38R Nagant
.32 ACP
.32 Long Colt (and .32 Short Colt)
.32 Smith & Wesson Long (and .32 Smith & Wesson)
.32-20
.380 ACP
9mm
.38 S&W
.38 Long Colt (and .38 Short Colt)
.38 Special
.357 Magnum
.38-40
.41 Long Colt
.41 Magnum
.44 Special
.44 Magnum