Very slightly related, but part of my custom embroidery business does relate to firearms.
Mainly items with clever slogans or shirts and patches for gun club members, fun work when it comes along.
Automotive related designs and patriotic or political items are always my best sellers.
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center trained Firearms Instructor, Beretta factory trained Armorer, former NRA Security Firearms Instructor (formerly approved by Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services; let certification lapse).
* I'm founder and CEO of a company that works with firearm industry manufacturers and distributors, amongst other niche industrys, in assisting them with federal and state procurement efforts and initiatives.
* I am associated in my personal/non-professional life to Smith & Wesson as a firearms instructor & educator toward company events.
I worked such an event all day yesterday as SO toward running their newly released M&P15-22 at an annual employees only product demonstration event.
* Recruited as member of S&W's 'Basic Hunter Education' team of 13 S&W Co. employee volunteer instructors.
We teach courses through out and under the auspices of MA and NH state fish and wildlife/game agencies, in addition to that of Thompson Center (NH). One of the teams member instructors is a VP with Ruger. I'm the only member who is not nor ever has been a S&W employee.
* Recruited as a multiple discipline volunteer instructor amongst a team of 10 USFWS educators.
I'm the only instructor who is not nor ever has been a USFWS employee or wildlife biologist.
My area of focus includes firearms handling & safety and laws as well as hunter ethics components amongst Basic Hunter Education.
I cover all firearms including handguns, rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloader & blackpowder.
Additionally I am a trained and certified instructor in Basic Orienteering ('Map, Compass, and Survival') and Trapper Education (trained by the USFWS) dually as an employee by the MA Dept. of Fish & Wildlife and the NH Dept.of Fish & Game.
* Instructor member of the International Hunter Education Association (IHEA)
* IDPA safety officer
* In my personal life I began this summer offering one on one instructional training, with a MA state police LEO being my first client student.
As a result he maxed his quals at 36 of 36 which we both are very jazzed about, considering he came up from an average score of 28 for over a decade.
As an adjunct to my work via S&W I plan to complete multiple NRA instructor level training courses this winter, including an Emergency Medicine/First Responder triage coursework as taught by a paramedic and former combat medic (Vietnam).
I "work" at a gunshop and indoor range part time. Factory armorer for a few brands. Occasional instructor. I've trained with and apprenticed under some very skilled shooters and gunsmiths. I've just designed my first Form 1 suppressor.
Paramedic in real life, full time. I was at the Gun and Knife Club station for a few years, now I'm at the station behind the prison along the highway. A different kind of trauma.
A forum community dedicated to defensive firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about everyday carry, optics, holsters, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!