Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I carry an SP101 in a Galco Tuckable IWB when I go hiking. Sweat doesn't corrode the stainless and the 357 is powerful enough for anything I'll run into in Florida. It's a little heavier than some of my CCW handguns, but I appreciate the extra weight when I shoot hot 357 loads.

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Yes I have read where the green laser is a battery hog and not as durable. I was firing full load .327 rounds when it died. It seemed like the batt was dying as the laser got very dim. I bought new batteries but it still did not work. I'm thinking I should have bought the red defender series laser where the on off button is activated by your thumb. Are you saying your lcr has two lasers mounted on it??
No, my gun is pictured. It has one laser, a red CT laser grip, the two-finger-grip model and a Hi-Viz green fiber optic front. If I am indoors or it's at night, I use the laser. If I am in broad daylight, that fiber optic glows brighter the brighter the ambient light is.

LCR2.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
No, my gun is pictured. It has one laser, a red CT laser grip, the two-finger-grip model and a Hi-Viz green fiber optic front. If I am indoors or it's at night, I use the laser. If I am in broad daylight, that fiber optic glows brighter the brighter the ambient light is.

View attachment 149465
Oh ya I have the same sights on my LCR 's they work great I'm very comfortable shooting with that optical sight

·
Registered
383 Posts
My EDC is a LCR 38spec. light and easy to control. I like my 3" SP 101 stainless for my truck and hiking gun. Both are well made and fun to shoot. Still trying to decide on a rifle.

Rich

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I wopuld suggest a Rossi or Henry .357 lever.

My buddy has the stainless Rossi. A hoot to shoot!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I prefer the the heavier frame GP100 with 6 round cylinder when it comes to shooting the .357 mag round in DA. It will be my next addition to my collection. Grips can be found to fit many applications.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wopuld suggest a Rossi or Henry .357 lever.

My buddy has the stainless Rossi. A hoot to shoot!
Marlin or Henry are a better choice for quality. Rossi's are being reported as having brittle firing pins in the consumer market.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
My normal EDC is a 3" SP101 carried OWB unless its shorts and t shirt than its a 380 in the pocket but, I love the SP though. I tried almost every grip available and must say the stock grips work best for me shooting and concealment. Carried a stainless 38 snub for many years and still do sometimes with the LCP along now too. I am shooting the SP at 25 and 50 yards lately just for fun. I have fired 180 and 200 grain through it as well and it handles it very well if you can.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Marlin or Henry are a better choice for quality. Rossi's are being reported as having brittle firing pins in the consumer market.
Henry is very good but, I disagree on Marlin. Their quality has gone way down over the last 20 years. Although I would buy a used one in a heartbeat if it was old enough. Henry and Rossi are pretty much the top two in cowboy action shooting today.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think the Henry Big Boy in 357 would be a great choice for me. I'm a small old man the short barrel would suit me just fine a good match for my SP-100.

Rich

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I went the .327 Federal route, then onto a LCP II.

Sticky cases and expensive practice ammo lead me back to a Ruger KLCR 38/357.

A trip back to ruger for a few weeks, and no more sticky trigger.

The gun seems to be smoothed up by them when they replaced the pawl and other parts.

I wish that Black Arch offered their PROTOS M IWB holster for the LCR.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm the opposite this summer. I'm putting my 3" SP101 away for the summer months as far as concealed carry is concerned. It'll get strapped on for woods walking and once bear season comes around. I just can't manage a way to hide it well with only a t-shirt (the stock rubber grip could be to blame).

My Gen 2 LCP and .40 Shield will be carried this summer for CC.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
My 3" SP101 is currently my edc. I don't find the stock grips to be that hard to conceal under a tee, but we might be talking two completely different body types, which can make far more difference than grips.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like my LCR 38 +p and it is in my rotation. Just changed the grip and like it even more than before. Pachmayr Diamond.
If not LCR in summer, usually my Glock 26 or Shield.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Im a Ruger fan .. But a stainless Taurus 605 357 is my 357 snubbie carry ... Stoked with Winchester 125gr 357 mag ...

The 605 os listed at 24oz .. Mine weighs 20oz unloaded..

21 - 40 of 57 Posts