Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
There are many top quality holster makers. It is hard to argue with Sparks. Tony Kanaley, former owner of Sparks, contributed many unique and time-proven designs such as the VMII, Criterion, Nexus, etc. while continuing to produce (and improve on) many of the classic Bruce Nelson designs. Ken Null is another favorite who has continued to produce Paris Theodore, Seventrees, classic designs in addition to his own. Tim Thurner, TT Gunleather does very nice work. Of course James Nelson's innovative Stealth must be mentioned. Matt DelFatti must also be mentioned for his mastery of the craft and producing truly functional art. I personally am exceedingly impressed with the work of Josh Bulman, no longer in the business. There are several other talented designers and craftsmen.

I don't have a favorite design. There are pros and cons to each design. But, could I only have one holster, it would be a Summer Special variant.

My favorite holster maker is me. :embarassed: I make them as a hobby for myself, family and friends. Some examples:

Wow, you should take it up full time! :congrats:

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,377 Posts
My favorite holster and therefore favorite holster maker is Bullard Leather. I have carried a government model 1911 daily in a Bullard Combat holster with sweat shield in Brown Tiger Shark leather for ten years.

Holsters.jpg

https://www.bullardleather.com/

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I want a leather holster. On the fence but might order one this year. I usually don't as I tend to buy, try and flip. Since I'm left handed, it makes unloading the holster even harder.

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Based on my limited personal experience, I'd have to add to the TT Gunleather fanboi club. It is the perfect compliment to my P365. Tim was very responsive to adapting the IWB KX Lightweight for my Crimson Trace Laser Guard, an option he didn't previously offer.

5W8YrWs.jpg

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I do not have a ton of experience, but Milt Sparks is far and away the best I have/have owned.

I need to order a Summer Special 2 to try. I currently carry my Colt Commander in a Versa Max II. Thing of beauty.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
My favorite: Milt Sparks. I have a Nexus that fit's so well, I'm constantly checking to remember if I forgot my pistol at home.

Non-custom/stock makers: El Paso Saddlery & Buchmeier (no longer in business) Quality materials & workmanship. I believe a number of "old school" Texas Rangers also choose El Paso Saddlery (not to mention Harris County Sheriff's detectives)

There are several other makers here in Texas, that do "great work". I've have several from Tucker Gun leather also.

Shout out to "Nelson" also. Several of his designs posted in pictures on this forum, I've thought were innovative.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I’ve tried many different holsters. Some have been OK. Most just didn’t do it for me. Now every time I get a new gun I just order a holster from TT Gunleather. Mostly the “Mike’s Special” slim IWB. Always very nice work, wears like a dream and lasts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Man. I think I might finally order something in leather. All these pictures are just lovely. :yup:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I roll my own and have a bit of a cult following doing it on the side. A couple of my wilder recent creations. S&W 500 8.75" barrel crossdraw with on board reload and a CZ 75c set with a custom finish that's a bit different.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
For 1911's....5 Shot.

Reactions: PPS1980

·
Registered
197 Posts
James Nelson

Reactions: PPS1980
21 - 40 of 105 Posts