Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Milt Sparks

DSCN0176.jpg

Reactions: freelanm and OD*

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
My favorite holster maker is me. :embarassed: I make them as a hobby for myself, family and friends.
My favorite leather holster maker is ALSO @muzzleblast! He is the only person I know, including several commercial holster makers, that has the patience and dedicated interest to make this woman exactly what she needs. Here is the latest he made for me, for my Browning 1911-22, along with the Armour belt I got to "go with."

Holster 3 with Armour Belt and gun posed.jpg

He curves the top/back so it fits MY curves and the holster hangs straight down instead of sticking out like holsters made for men would do.
Holster 3 with Armour belt ready to draw.jpg

Note that this holster is for range use, not for concealed carry! But I hope to not have to carry a .22 for self defense anyway.

AND if I need a "slight" reverse cant, like on an Avenger modified style, he will do that also. In fact, he did exactly that for my P238's!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
There are many top quality holster makers. It is hard to argue with Sparks. Tony Kanaley, former owner of Sparks, contributed many unique and time-proven designs such as the VMII, Criterion, Nexus, etc. while continuing to produce (and improve on) many of the classic Bruce Nelson designs. Ken Null is another favorite who has continued to produce Paris Theodore, Seventrees, classic designs in addition to his own. Tim Thurner, TT Gunleather does very nice work. Of course James Nelson's innovative Stealth must be mentioned. Matt DelFatti must also be mentioned for his mastery of the craft and producing truly functional art. I personally am exceedingly impressed with the work of Josh Bulman, no longer in the business. There are several other talented designers and craftsmen.

I don't have a favorite design. There are pros and cons to each design. But, could I only have one holster, it would be a Summer Special variant.

My favorite holster maker is me. :embarassed: I make them as a hobby for myself, family and friends. Some examples:

How exactly does sometimes get on this friend's list? Those are some very nice looking holsters!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I carry IWB 90+% of the time, usually a 1911, with a Sig P365 in a pocket holster filling for those times I just can't get away with IWB.

If I'm dressed casually, I'm usually wearing a MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather.
In a suit or dress pants that require a 1 1/4" belt, I wear a Nelson Stealth.

·
Registered
155 Posts
D.B. Bullard. He was in Azle TX but moved to Northeast Texas. I have purchased at least a dozen or so from him over the years. Top Quality and reasonable prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a holster make by Tauris Holsters, I think that thing was built better than the gun.

Tauris Holsters, L.L.C. - Custom Leather
Been using Tauris Holsters for 40 years. Mike is a true craftsman. Wore one of his ankle holsters for 15 years. I asked him to take a look at it at an IPSC match, he took it and brought it back at the next match. He rebuilt it, saying "I could have made a new one in less time that it took to redo this one, But it was a labor of love" Now that's customer service.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
James Nelson and Simply Rugged. I have 4 of each. I tend to equate/buy Jame’s holsters for autos and Simply Rugged for revolvers though I have one of Jame’s for a j frame and it’s a great carry.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Don't have a favorite holster maker, which seems silly to have as they make different types of holsters, all of similar high-quality.

My favorites types of holsters are his Thad Rybka Rhodesian and Speed Scabbard types, which several people craft.

ThadRybka.jpg

41 - 60 of 99 Posts