Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know that I took a carry permit class this past Sat. and passed with flying colors, even though it was raining the whole time and we were outside shooting.... :mad:
There were a total of 15 people in our class and the most that was missed on the written test was five. I believe it was the guy in the front row that had trouble reading....surprisingly I did not miss any questions on the written test and made a score of 100 on the range. (But they gave everyone a score of 100 as long as they did not miss the target).
I actually went to the local police station since they offer monthly classes where they had us shoot from 3, 7, 10, 15, 20yards.
Today I'll be going to the DMV to turn in my application and also get fingerprinted.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Good for you! :banana:

Shooting in the rain sucks, but you now know you can do it. The BGs won't wait for a nice perfect day to do their worst.

Now the wait...

-Scott-

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats, MrShonts.

Am I the only person who enjoys shooting in the rain?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats, another sheep becomes a sheepdog :smile:

Am I the only person who enjoys shooting in the rain?
Nope, but I could use some wipers on my shooting glasses/scope sometimes... :wink:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yaaay!

Mrshonts tried to fool me when I asked about his test. He looked all mopey with his head hung low, and he almost got me for a minute there when I was starting to regret all the encouraging remarks I was saying earlier about only a cross-eyed person could miss an entire B-27 target at under 15 yards and score below a 70. :biggrin:

You'll like the K40. It's built like a tank and keeps on going BANG. :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good news - almost there now! :smile:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Wait to go Mrshonts !! Ah, the mindset will come in due time...I'm just glad there is another armed "good citizen" out there ! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
good job.

Shootin' the rain is one realistic senario. I practice with and without gloves and heavy clothing too, as I live in the northern part of the country.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Way to go there Big Guy! You're on your way!!
Just don't mess up those print cards. let em roll your fingers, and awayyyyyyyy you go!! Pretty soon, you'll want a safe, with lotsa shelves to hold all those toys. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
Exellent !

Now...get the paper work done and sent off. I cant tell you how many times people took the class and let the 6 month deadline(here in Ar.) expire. I did a class Saturday with 20 people in it and 2 of them were retakes because they let time slip by...

And it does slip by when you are having fun....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congratulations! Feels good, doesn't it. You'll feel even better when you get your permit. I did mine in an indoor range. Shooting in the rain, my my, what will they think of next?

·
Registered
357 Posts
mrshonts,

Good job! Welcome to the Brother/Sisterhood.

When you first start to carry, you're going to feel strange. You will know that everyone in the same county can see your pistol. Rest assured that with proper care and the guidance of a certain female, your status will be undetectable to the masses. Soon, that funny feeling will only appear on those occasions when you can't carry.

Do not "economize" on your carry holster/belt/mag pouch/etc. As the saying goes, "Buy quality and only cry once."

Best wishes,

SSKC

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
MrShonts

MrShonts
Congratulations! That is Fantastic News! :biggrin:

Helpful Concealed Carry Advice From QKShooter:
(1) ~ Don't Walk Too Close To Any Really Big Magnets.
(2) ~ Don't take any wooden bullets.
(3) ~ When you go food shopping...Don't reach for the Frosted Mini~Wheats way up on the top shelf. :banana:

·
Registered
698 Posts
MrShonts,

Congrats, you have move into another stage of your life, taking on the responsibility of your own safety. Take care in this endeavor and never forget that CCW is a previledge that can be taken away.

It's great that we have another among the ranks of the non-sheeple of our society.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Take care in this endeavor and never forget that CCW is a previledge that can be taken away.
When the government has whittled away our rights so badly that even gun owners start thinking that carrying a gun is a priviledge instead of a right, it is a sad shame.

·
Registered
357 Posts
QKShooter said:
Helpful Concealed Carry Advice From QKShooter:
(1) ~ Don't Walk Too Close To Any Really Big Magnets.
Unless, of course, you carry a Glock 7. They're ceramic, you know. :biggrin:

SSKC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts