Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering?

I don't get the attraction :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Apparently you've never tried one, Cheap, Very comfortable, more versatile than a clip holster, doesn't move. Can't really beat them as long as your carrying an appropriate ccw gun.
+1 on everything

I didn't understand at first either. I wanted a holster that I could put a little deeper in for better concealment and I figured for about $25 it was worth a shot.

Since the first purchase I have bought two more for other guns. They are great little holsters

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can stick it in your sweatpants, go jogging, throw in your pocket, wear it with jeans, with a little skill you can even tuck in around it. It is just super versatile and comfortable, best of all its cheap.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
The Remora Holster works well for many but not for all and I am one that it does not meet my carry requirements.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If it can hold a 30 oz k-frame snubbie in place securely, I would be interested. I always hear how good they are with lighter guns.........

·
Registered
821 Posts
To me it's a quick Mexican carry to the mailbox and back and convenient crossdraw carry on long driving trips. Nothing more.
No preoccupation here just "a time to every purpose under heaven".
THIS!^^^^^^^ Used in a proper way, the small, comfortable, inexpensive and effective Remora is a good holster. Some carry large guns, some small. I don't know I'd trust it with a large, heavy weapon but for my Glock G26 9mm or Bersa Thunder 380 it's great. AND IT WORKS! I have one for a small Taurus 5-shot .357 revolver but mainly use it between the seat and console in my van. If you get one, get it with the sweat shield which gives a bit of a higher back between the gun and skin. Extra gripping surface and protection for the weapon from sweat. Win-win.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i think because it's a new concept in IWB carry that seems to work for most folks (not chuckusaret, though), i.e. IWB carry with no physical attachment between holster and pants/belt.

one of the problems with IWB is that with traditional holsters it can be hard to place the holster exactly where you want it. the Remora makes it possible to position the holster where it is most comfortable for you (within reason, i'd guess).

it also allows the user to place the gun in different carry positions, such as behind the hip, appendix carry, or cross-draw, all with the same holster.

it's cheap - $33 for mine.

i do need to use both hands to re-holster the gun after drawing it.

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i do need to use both hands to re-holster the gun after drawing it.
Another negative. Not very helpful to repetitive training.

How well will it stay in or retain the gun if you end up on the ground with the BG?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Given the proper belt retention these holsters will not move in action. The service is real quick. They are very comfortable and inexpensive. The customer service is great, You will be satisfied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My husband isnt as crazy about his for carrying his XD40, but I have 1 for all of my handguns. I am able to use it in multiple positions depending on the outfit I am wearing, including elastic waists with no belt. It holds the gun in a better position against me than the other IWB holsters Ive tried, and have had no issues with movement. It is also very comfortable for me, probably due to the versatility. If you are concerned about needing to reholster 1 handed, they do make a version that is stiffer & designed for that, for me, not a concern. When practicing it is not an issue to reholster 2 handed. They arent for everyone, but they do have unique features not available in other holsters.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum kews12! :wave:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I got one so I could carry my P95 around the house. Obviously it's a decently large, heavy gun but it stays in place even with a cheap department store belt. It's big and heavy enough that I wouldn't want to carry in public with it but would be comfortable with a pistol that's a little smaller and lighter in a Remora.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I really like mine and use it more often than not for lots of things. It does have some drawbacks but everything does.

Reholstering with 2 hands could be considered a safety measure, just depends on who you ask.

My only concern with the "free" placement of it could cause some training issue if you don't get the holster in the same spot every time but I'm not sure how big an issue that really is overall.

I bought mine as a temporary thing until I could decide on a hybrid or something........I haven't found any holster that fits my needs like my Remora does yet so I haven't ordered anything else.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you get the reinforced top one-handed holstering is possible.

Reactions: ironmike86
1 - 20 of 73 Posts