Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the thread title says. Is it because a lot of US mail is carried on commercial flights?

·
Super Moderator
19,449 Posts
It's just their rules, probably because USPS wants to minimize risk. They leave any remotely hazardous materials to the common carriers to schlep around.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am not sure really. My guess would be because it could be sent to other countries via international mail and not legal in those countries? I suppose it could be considered an explosive due to the powder.

Easiest way to ship ammo is via UPS or Fedex. These diamond labels replaced the old "ORM-D" markings, though you can still use the old ones if you like (until 2020). You just ship the package with one of those courier services and don't even have to write "Cartridges, Small Arms" on it anymore if you use the new labels. The diamond is all you need on one side of the package.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh that's all kind of what I thought. Could it also be part of the response to the ValuJet crash back in the 90s when the O2 canisters in the hold ignited and brought the plane down?

I've always just used UPS ground, never had an issue, I was just curious about USPS.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Same reason why you can't send firearms, booze and a whole list of other things...... Its a postal regulation is all......

·
Registered
907 Posts
Oh that's all kind of what I thought. Could it also be part of the response to the ValuJet crash back in the 90s when the O2 canisters in the hold ignited and brought the plane down?

I've always just used UPS ground, never had an issue, I was just curious about USPS.
I know it goes back further than that. Not sure exactly how far, though.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Because the Federal Government runs it and that is what they want.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
The reason should be obvious. You do not ask a group of people known for going "Postal" to deliver your ammo. :) Right now on their salaries they cannot afford ammo and there has not been a report mass shooting at the Post Office for a while. Give them free ammo and then watch the bullets fly. :)

What I love is when I buy ammo online from a website that wants me to send them a copy of my picture ID and a signed form and then ships my ammo by a courier service that leaves it on my stoop for hours while I am away from home or interfaces with the USPS and leaves it in my mailbox for hours until I get home. Like manufacturers of guns with the safeties in the trigger, the real concern if with their own liability and not the safety of others. :)

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same reason why you can't send firearms, booze and a whole list of other things...... Its a postal regulation is all......
You can't ship booze?? OOPS...And I didn't even do that intentionally. The time two of my friends and I smuggled Listerene bottles full of vodka dyed green onto the cruise ship we went on for spring break in college, yea...that was intentional!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts