Defensive Carry banner
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m excited for you. Sounds like you are solidly on your way.

I live to train, I start getting grumpy if I go more than two months without a class.
Haha, yeah it's a fun skill set to build on. My wife is nearly at her black belt in Krav so I get plenty of Krav Maga training with her. It keeps me active! Little by little she's getting more comfortable with the whole firearms side. (Which is what drew me to this topic/thread). I jumped into the firearms side by buying her a gun first 😄 so she could learn to work with the actual weapons she practices disarming techniques with. Then I joined in and took off learning at a different pace.

I've been working on carrying every time I leave the house but it took awhile at first for her to get comfortable with the idea. I'm seeing both sides of the coin on this particular thread, lol

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Forget where I read it, but supposedly 8.2% of adult Americans have a CCW. That's a lot of people. I know not many of those carry every day, or even often. Sad. Seeing as armed citizens killed more violent criminals than the police did (per an FBI study), all of them carrying would have a remarkable effect on crime and the cost of housing criminals. Having a police officer actually stop a violent crime is so rare compared to the number of citizens able to carry who could potentially stop a violent crime, it's amazing violent crime is still so high. Who was it that said something to the effect of carry all the time? Oh yes, Cooper!

141 - 142 of 142 Posts