Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not positive if this is the best place for this, if not could one of the mods move it to the correct area? Please, :biggrin2:
The words below were written by my oldest friend in this world. I knew Rob for over 33 years and he left this world far to young in life. Rob was retired from LA County Sheriff's Dept due to an on the job injury that almost took his life 24 years ago. The words below he posted on his Facebook page shortly before he passed. I believe they are his words but I could be wrong, doesn't matter, it's what they say that's important. In memory of my lifelong friend, rest in peace my brother, it won't be long before we see each other again.
God Bless
NCH

I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just applied for my ccw because I was in a situation while at a park with my kids 18 y/0 and 6 y/o and lets just say there were people there that had a problem with me parking in a spot where they wanted a friend of theirs that was on the way to the park to park in. Well they started giving me a really hard time and even threatened me while I had my daughter in my arms trying to get in to my truck and leave. I was scared for my kids. If I was alone I won't mind throwing hands if I have to but I'd never put my children in that situation. So I made up my mind that day. And like your friend wrote, I refuse to be that victim begging for my kids lives and mine.. Luckily I got in my car with my kids and took off as they threw stuff at my truck. I am grateful that's all that happened. But it could have easily escalated. This just happened a few months ago and have been putting it off and finally went through the process.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Because I like guns. I'm not overly fearful of where I live, but there are a few places I frequent that I have a bit more peace of mind when strapped. Simple as that.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
This says it best...

My old Grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take aa ass whoopin'!
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!!!!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:
· From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control:
· From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938:
· From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
China established gun control in 1935:
· From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964:
· From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970:
· From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956:
· From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.
-----------------------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

· Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

· If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

· The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

· The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

· SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

· SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

· IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please forward this. If you're not a believer, please reconsider the true facts. This is history; not what's being shown on TV, sanctioned by our illustrious delusional leaders in Washington .

·
Registered
480 Posts
Because the world has gotten weird as of late and I don't want to be the helpless blubberer lying on the floor. Its time to be proactive instead of reactive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Assaults and robberies are in the increase. I want to protect my grandsons. (My wife can take care of herself)

Reactions: joel0019

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I initially got my ccw in response to a neighbor's house being broken into, and my mother was on hospice at home at the time. I didn't want to be put in a situation where there was a bad guy between me, my loved one, and my pistol. I primarily carry now because the city I live close to has become on of the most dangerous cities in America, and I have to do business there on a daily basis. I also have had people verbalize threats on my life before, and I tend to take those seriously.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Comforting knowing that you have a Loved One on your Hip.
Toolman Butch

1 - 20 of 80 Posts