Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
@retired badge 1 I never NEED anything until someone tells me I can't have it! :rofl:

There won't ever be a day I need it more than the day they come AND TRY TO to take it away from me.
My philosophy: What I will never understand is the lessons we learn, relearn, and learn once more in dealing with insurgents. A raghead with an IED is a formidable enemy. The British learned that lesson in 1776, forgot it, and learned it again in 1812. Seems politicians here just have no concept of what things can be like in the real world, and a case of absolute ignorance when it comes to history and the indomitable nature of freedom loving Americans.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Why does anyone need an AR15

Short answer: they don't. It isn't about minimal "needs". You don't need a plasma tv. You don't need an Apple watch. You don't need a 3,000 sq ft house. This is about the right to self preservation. The line is drawn at "shall not be infringed".

But Noir says it with great context. He also has a well done series about the role of politicians in the rot of inner cities.

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
This is worth repeating:

sdprof;7796986[SIZE=5 said:
]It's the "Bill of RIGHTS", not the "Bill of Needs"[/SIZE]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've never had a real need to own an AR, although I've owned a handful over the last 40 years.

My first Bushmaster Varminter was a tack driver and earned it's place shooting prairie dogs. It also paid for almost a year of college tuition when I sold it for more than I paid new.

Since then I've had a few, but prefer the Mini-14 over the AR primarily because it feels better in my hands even though the Mini-14 isn't as accurate as any of the AR's I've owned.

Ultimately, it is not about needs. The Bill Of Rights places limits on our government. It does not grant rights to the people.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
You need a gun. You want an AR15. Needs and wants are quite different. I do not need an AR15, and I do not want one. It is an excellent weapon and anyone who wants one, and can legitimately acquire one, should be able to do so without hindrance. Personally I want an M3A1 with the 8 inch barrel. Now that is a CQB weapon that would be superb for home defense.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Unfortunately, the media and many politicians have convinced a lot of people that if you own an AR or AK that you're going to go on a shooting rampage and that those weapons are for battlefield use only. Considering how many AR's and AK's are out there they should be asking why aren't there mass shootings all day every day. A lot of people don't think for themselves. I don't know how we're going to get the message out that guns aren't the problem. I doubt the news media will ever present an unbiased news report. I think there's some people that do "man/woman on the street" interviews to show people the error of their "knowledge". Maybe more billboard presentations? Colion is a good spokesperson but it's unlikely he'll get his message out to the uninformed.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Unfortunately, the media and many politicians have convinced a lot of people that if you own an AR or AK that you're going to go on a shooting rampage and that those weapons are for battlefield use only. Considering how many AR's and AK's are out there they should be asking why aren't there mass shootings all day every day. A lot of people don't think for themselves. I don't know how we're going to get the message out that guns aren't the problem. I doubt the news media will ever present an unbiased news report. I think there's some people that do "man/woman on the street" interviews to show people the error of their "knowledge". Maybe more billboard presentations? Colion is a good spokesperson but it's unlikely he'll get his message out to the uninformed.
Never a mention of the people who defended their homes from violent attacks with an AR or AK variant.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ultimately, it is not about needs. The Bill Of Rights places limits on our government. It does not grant rights to the people.
We must never forget that either. Our rights are natural rights and come from our Creator, not from the government.

And the Bill of Rights exists to place limits upon our government!

"Congress shall make no law..."

"...shall not be infringed."

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
They know not everyone, or even close to everyone who owns an AR is going to go on a killing spree. The goal is to make people feel guilty for owning them. They are bully tactics designed to change the way people perceive you and I, and the only logical thing we can do is to go turn our guns in to the government. They aren't interested in being factual, they are interested in getting to peoples emotions.

·
Super Moderator
18,246 Posts
I originally acquired the AR 15 simply to round out a collection of U. S. military issue long arms or else their commercial equivalents in the case of the M1A and AR 15. I wanted one that resembled the "Vietnam look." Bought the used 1973 vintage Colt SP-1 I still have as it was close and was a "deal" at the time. Seems like it cost $425 after some negotiating at the old Fort Worth Convention Center gun show. This would have been in the late 1980s so that wasn't such a bargain.

Even bought an original Colt prong flash hider to replace the factory flash hider so as to complete the look, but never got around to installing it. Glad now I didn't.

Developed a stable of hand loads for it and shot it off the bench rest for fun. Shot a "reduced range" high-power match or two with it. For me it was a bust for the barrel flexed too much when I got into the sling for sitting and prone positions. The HBAR mitigated this, but I never obtained one. Mrs. BMc and both boys shot it in some high-power matches. It mostly sees plinking duty out in the country.

I'm not terrifically fond of the rifle, but its mine and "they" can't have it!

·
Registered
33,898 Posts
The only reason I bought an AR was Hillary said I couldn't have one. Didn't really need it as I had other firearms to protect the home front. I do kind of like the versatility of being able to swap uppers and make different firearms easily. I'd much rather shoot my 6 mm Mongoose rounds than any .223/5/56.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
We must never forget that either. Our rights are natural rights and come from our Creator, not from the government.

And the Bill of Rights exists to place limits upon our government! Which they promptly started circumventing

"Congress shall make no law..." But they do

"...shall not be infringed."and they have

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
We need to remind our representatives they are supposed to represent us not rule us.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Let's see, totally modular, so you can make it exactly fit your wants and needs. Easy to shoot. Great for (as in effective and efficient at) taking down varmints, both 4 legged and 2 legged. In many states the miniscule .223/5.56 is acceptable to hunt deer. Easy to upgrade and repair without needing a gunsmith.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts