Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the picture of my wife's target from this afternoon.

Bersa Thunder .380 at 25'
7 rounds of WWB 95 gr.
7 rounds Federal Hy-Shok 90 gr.
She had never fired any rounds from the pistol but the WWB.
At first glance there appear to be only 13 holes, but a closer examination will reveal that the 3 holes just below and to the left of the A are in reality 4 holes.

When I answer a wife who can shoot like that I say, "Yes, ma'm," and "No, ma'm." :wink:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Better keep doing whats on your Honey-Do list. And go buy her some roses just to suck up a little.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
good shootin:comeandgetsome:

·
Super Moderator
22,141 Posts
Great shootin' indeed.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
George - you have realized - there is nothing for it but to accept second place :18:

Great shooting - does she have roots in the Oakley family! :wink:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P95Carry said:
George - you have realized - there is nothing for it but to accept second place :18:

Great shooting - does she have roots in the Oakley family! :wink:
Not that I know of. There is the possibility. I think Oakley is an Irish name and my wife's maiden name is Mackin which is Irish. Two of her sisters and a niece and nephew went to Ireland last summer doing research into the family. Leah (my wife) is the youngest of 10 children (Irish Catholic :yup: ). She has 6 brothers and 3 sisters in that order. Her youngest brother jokingly told her yesterday that good shooting runs in the family. He said that their dad used to tell them that his nickname during WWII was "Pistol Packin' Mackin." I think maybe I'll send an email to Tim Schmidt over at CCM and see if he want to put the picture of an almost 50 year old, but very good looking shooter on the cover. She plays the piano for the college's traveling ensemble and frequently gets asked what year she is. Tim is always looking for cover ideas. She would be a normal person but a not normal person for a gun mag cover. When I get home today I'll send him a sample photo and see what he says. If I'm gonna be second place it should be to a cover girl. :banana:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pistol Packin' Mackin Rides Again

Here are the photos I am going to send Tim at CCM. You can easily tell that I am not a photographer. Is this cover material?:wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
George - certainly a lovely looking lady - no problem there and she would grace a cover very nicely.

I'd let Maria see these but she would probably come back to you with some suggestions for odd changes - so then shoot some fresh versions to suit. I have done two lots of cover pics, one has been used the other not yet but in each case I reshot a time or two to get it right for Maria.

Great potential :smilez:

·
Registered
862 Posts
No shock to me.
I find on average females tend to be better shots then males.

Now keep that knowledge under your hat. If you don’t... the male gender will soon be eradicated!:ziplip:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I sent in a pic of me shooting an IDPA course that they say they LOVED because it clearly shows my extracting 45 case in the air right above the weapon. The USP fullsize 45 is a very photogenic gun.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
gregarat said:
No shock to me.
I find on average females tend to be better shots then males.
You're 100% correct. Know why? The gals tend to have better hand-eye coordination which is why they also make better aircraft pilots. They also have less B$ to UNlearn. Most guys think that they're experts in three areas....just because they're guys: Women, cars and guns. Of course they're wrong on all three counts and they get into trouble because of it...and they rarely learn. Also guys are raised on poor shooting role models. Dirty Harry and John Wayne for us older guys. Ice Cube and you name the rapper-turned-actor-who-shoots-his-gun-flat-on-it's-side. All of the current crop of action "heroes.":dead: :rant:

·
Administrator
143,840 Posts
"Yes, Ma'am...Mighty Fine Shootin' Ma'am!
Keep up the Good Work Ma'am!"
:yup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
dr_cmg said:
Here is the picture of my wife's target from this afternoon.

Bersa Thunder .380 at 25'
7 rounds of WWB 95 gr.
7 rounds Federal Hy-Shok 90 gr.
She had never fired any rounds from the pistol but the WWB.
At first glance there appear to be only 13 holes, but a closer examination will reveal that the 3 holes just below and to the left of the A are in reality 4 holes.

When I answer a wife who can shoot like that I say, "Yes, ma'm," and "No, ma'm." :wink:

Jeez.

I just bought a Bersa, and the thing jumps in my hand like a Mexican Jumping Bean!

I can feel my manhood shrinking as I type! :stups: :redface:

Actually, i'm kiddin'. My fianceé can shoot a .45 better than I can shoot about anything.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Tell her nice shooting! Every time we shoot clay pigeons , my girlfriend out shoots me. No rifles and pistols I can woop her good, but then again , i have lots more training and practice too.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You're 100% correct. Know why? The gals tend to have better hand-eye coordination which is why they also make better aircraft pilots. They also have less B$ to UNlearn. Most guys think that they're experts in three areas....just because they're guys: Women, cars and guns. Of course they're wrong on all three counts and they get into trouble because of it...and they rarely learn. Also guys are raised on poor shooting role models. Dirty Harry and John Wayne for us older guys. Ice Cube and you name the rapper-turned-actor-who-shoots-his-gun-flat-on-it's-side. All of the current crop of action "heroes."
WOW... I feel the same way!!!

I especaly feel the same about the "Dr.Froid factor", and seeing way too many bad movies.
I would only add that Females tend to have a healthy respect for firearm's. Wich IMHO lead to them being more safe when handling a firearm.
I sometimes dislike showing males from the age of 13-100yrs to shoot, especaly if they are "buddys". Kids, and females are a joy to teach.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I found when teaching a guy to shoot,they all seem to have this thing of"I just automatically know how to shoot,just because I have testosterone."While the ladies are more apt to be "teachable".
Sometimes us guys are our worst enemies...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts