Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
After reading thru several "what if" threads on this Forum, I went to another gun board, searching for a little more "input."

They do have a thread about the problem of possibly treating your attacker, after having sucessfully stopped the attack.

While I'd not normally characterize someone's opinion that differed from mine as being "idiotic," I read a number of post there that certainly do fall into that category!

On the rare occasion that such a post appears in this Fourm, it is usually smacked down HARD by post that follow.

I'd hate to see the Brady Bunch get their hands on too many of the threads on that Forum. Too bad, too, as there are many good people posting there.

But there's enough of the other type to make me think strongly about dropping off that one.

I'm VERY glad I found this place! :banana: :banana: :banana:

mm

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Well, we all think that this is the best forum on the net. It's the reason that this is the only forum I belong too and participate in.

Glad you found us.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
This is a fine forum , the what if threads here are for the most part loosely grounded in reality, and comments are normaly actualy thought out by members. Not too many cybercommandos make it long here from what i have seen and i like it that way lol

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
yep, down to earth, realistic folks here keep me coming back.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I applaud the generally very common sense approach we manage to have and maintain - and for most part would not feel too uncomfortable at being observed by anti types. I think we do set a very fair example compared to many and would wish that to continue. Bumper has spawned a very exceptional board here IMO.

It is a pity tho that sometimes on gun boards, the (young mostly I suspect) do get into ''macho'' mode and can say little except ''cap his a$$'' to situations!! Does not exactly help us a whole lot!

I most of all want to vigorously promulgate the good sides of CCW - in particular the responsibility aspect and make quite sure that we are seen as top notch responsible citizens, who are both aware of the bad in this world and at the same time wishing to practice the innate right we have for a means of self defence.

·
Registered
274 Posts
P95Carry said:
It is a pity tho that sometimes on gun boards, the (young mostly I suspect) do get into ''macho'' mode and can say little except ''cap his a$$'' to situations!! Does not exactly help us a whole lot!
but when we take that same "cap his rear" youth and show him the light, I think a tremendous good has been done. I say bring them here so that we may mold them in our image.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
oO( ill leave the molding to the more patent , its all i can do to resist replying to them LOL )

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Thanks, Madmike, and really, all of you. At one time I belonged to probably ten different forums and visited them regularly. One of them (I won't mention their name) was really the thing that made me start this forum. It was absolutely full of the mall ninjas that, quite frankly, don't present gun owners in a good light. There was good information on those websites but you had to wade through the BS to find it. But there wasn't much focused (and useful) CCW information. So, I started CombatCarry. Focus only on CCW information (which I credit Betty for pulling me back to when I deviated) and a drastic reduction of BS. I truly appreciate the participation of all of our members, but don't have much tolerance for those that make us look like some of the other forums. Inviting them to go elsewhere seems to work. We're pretty tight nit here, but at the same time everyone is welcome until they become otherwise.

Thanks go to all of you for making the forum what it is! :yup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I do still visit other gun forums, but this has become my "home". For me, it's the maturity level. Since I've been coming here, I've only seen one thread locked, that I can recall. That's due to the hard work of the membership and mods in keeping this place civil.
The advice offered here is unfailingly sound.
And of course, there's the fine selection of smilies.:danceban:
:banana: :buttkick: :sheep: :yup: :aaa: :dupell: :ritter2: :smilie_scorpion: :RockOn - not mine: :eek:wned2: :deadhorse:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's too late now, but I do see that there was no need to mention the other board by name. As I did say, there are some good people posting good advice on that forum.

Yes Sir, Bumper, you did a good job with this one.

Long may she wave! :biggrin2:

mm

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Truthfully

I Know I'm Just Here For The Vast Assortment Of Smilies.

:1biggrinyoyoA: :sport23: :image001::1syellow1::sport23::sport23::1syellow1::image001::sport23: :1biggrinyoyoA:

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
People keep mentioning the "maturity" of thought on our board, well, look at the maturity of our moderators!!! :danceban:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Haha - well I do like some fun tho - in between the ''serious stuff'' - so yeah - guilty!! :silly: :18:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Did All Of You New Members Meet The Moderators???

Where Did I Put That Group Picture Of All The Forum Moderators????

The Photo That Was Taken At Our Last "Maturity In Forum Moderation Meeting."

Oh....Here It Is!

I KNEW I Had It Here Someplace!

:popout: :018: :bebored: :lollypop: :sport08: :schacka: :nanana: :sleeping: :crying: :hh30: :sport42: :vollkommenauf:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was a member of another gun forum, but haven't posted there in about a year. Last count, they had 752 members and EVERY member is an expert (even though it was apparent that many of their experts didn't know what the hay they were talking about most of the time.)

Like Bumper, I got tired to wading thru the BS. Getting too old to do much of that anymore...

:danceban: And to be honest, I have a thing for smilies. :danceban:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I like the maturity level and wide cross section of backgrounds here. Plus, I'm waiting for that 1911 coup I keep hearing about. "You WILL be a-simianated." :lolp:
Jack

1 - 20 of 36 Posts