Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an MLB game last night I returned to my car to see that the window had been smashed, and the contents of my car rifled through to find something of value. Thankfully I did not bring/leave anything of value in the car, including my PPS (I knew I couldnt carry at the game, so I figured there was no point in bringing it/leaving it in the car). However, the thought occurred to me that if I had left my PPS in the car this would have been a nightmare! So I am going to purchase a COM safe that I can secure to my interior and store my gun safely when I leave the vehicle. I am also now paying the $5 to park at a during these games instead of being cheap.

Lesson learned, thankfully disaster was avoided this time around!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hate to hear about you vehicle getting vandalized, good thing you didnt leave your weapon in the car. Im sure the $5.00 parking doesnt look too bad now either. Wow I cant believe parking at a MLB game is that cheap anyway...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Years ago while parked in Detroit at a Tiger game my car was broken into during the day.

What was missing? My prescription sunglasses. Now, my glasses are a very strong prescription, so the thief must have really been stumbling around after putting those on...in a way, justice was served...:rofl:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this. Paid parking is the only way to go!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Man that sux, I've had my car broken into twice, not a great feeling at all.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
That stinks! I am sorry that happened.

While at the Sacramento Zoo a few years back, our car was broken into. What he took was valued at maybe $30, but of course it cost $150 to replace the window.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sorry to hear about your auto being broke into.

It’s happen to me twice. Both times I was parked in a hotel’s “secure” parking lot. And both times, the hotel refused to pay anything.

Glad I never leave my weapon in the car, and glad you didn’t ether

·
Super Moderator
13,192 Posts
Sorry to hear about that - that is bad.

But your incident shows us that there is a need to be concerned about leaving a gun in the car - especially a loaded gun or one with ammo in easy access.

No doubt what you're planning to do is about as good as one can do.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like my Micro Vault made by Gun Vault. Just don't use cable that it comes with. Take out the rubber pcs. in the back and bolt it down. $89.77

·
Registered
829 Posts
sorry to hear that, it stinks we can't carry to sporting events, that's the one thing I would desire to have changed. Take care and be safe!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Attended parking is just one of those things you must suffer, especially @ a ballgame.

Back in the 60s, I used to go the the Phillies games when they were @ Connie Mack @ 19th & Lehigh (not the best section of town). We would park on the street in residential areas & invariably, some kid would come up to us & say "Hey mister, watch your car for a dollar."

I always forked over the buck & my car was never disturbed.

PS Those COM safes are a must for your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts