Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an IWB for my LCP. Been following some of the threads here. When I click on a favorite holster or "this one works for me" link, I find that the manufacturer will put a honking big insignia or some other give away on their belt clip.

There are enough smart people out there that I do not need to be made...especially at work.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Agreed. That is NOT the place to put their logo.

And based on the pic, I hate that style of j-hook. It won't hold onto a belt for squat.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That is a little odd. None of my holsters have anything of the sort.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
After owning a pretty shoddy holster from that maker, I have avoided their products.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thankfully the CrossBreed symbol on their belt clips is just a cross, so I feel like I am displaying my Christian beliefs rather than telling everyone that I'm carrying a concealed handgun.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thankfully the CrossBreed symbol on their belt clips is just a cross, so I feel like I am displaying my Christian beliefs rather than telling everyone that I'm carrying a concealed handgun.
But if someone knew what those crosses actually meant and wondered for a split second why you have two of them on your belt... its not hard to put two and two together!

Most mass produced holster makers do this for advertisement. They figure (IMO, I am not an expert) that since you will be concealing much of the holster, they have to "announce" to everyone what product you are wearing. Take a look at some custom holster makers, you will see that their mark (if any) is on the holster itself, out of the way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree. My maker's stamp goes on the back of the holster...ONLY. I am proud of my work and if my clients want to show someone my holster, that is great. I do not want to advertise that they are wearing it though.

Look at me, look at me...I have a gun...lol (I don't think so)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Dumb design. Couldn't you place the belt in front of the clip?

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Dumb design. Couldn't you place the belt in front of the clip?
You could with a 'J' hook...:yup:

To the OP...I don't buy those.:scratchchin:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
A lot of gangbangers and other bad guy types might be as informed as we are about holsters. You might, just might now, be deluding yourself.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Look toward something with a J-hook like a Comp-tac or something. Maybe even Don Hume. They dont label their hooks. That hook you show can also go under your belt for addition cinching and security.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Because the director of advertising and marketing is an idiot and there's no one in the company that has the cajones to tell him/her so.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Disguise it - epoxy a "Peace Sign" over the round holster name, or a Mercedes Benz logo from a keychain. Disfigure it - sand it off. Or, best yet, buy a different brand of holster.

·
Banned
160 Posts
I don't care for the crosses either, I don't want anything that sticks out even a little. It doesn't bother me that it's a cross even though I'm not superstitious. Crossbreed does have other clips available and it's no problem to get those instead. On my last one I got the J-hooks,darn near invisible.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
And based on the pic, I hate that style of j-hook. It won't hold onto a belt for squat.
Not a J-hook at all.

That's a standard steel C-clip. If it's like the last one, they're made by a company in CA by the name of CDL Springs. They are uber-strong. Just gently putting it onto your finger, will have it throbbing in just a few seconds. The sometimes tend to have sharp edges, though.

Nate

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Is the subject holster a Tuckable..? If not, I think there's too much concern on a moot issue as proper attire would/should completely conceal the rig's clip.

There are enough smart people out there that I do not need to be made...especially at work.
The same people will figure out you're carrying as soon as they spot the Clip, regardless of insignia or design the clip may have on it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
But if someone knew what those crosses actually meant and wondered for a split second why you have two of them on your belt... its not hard to put two and two together!
I would be shocked anyone, other than those already familiar with Crossbreed, would assume anything regarding a firearm by these symbols. And the ones that will know will most likely be a fellow firearms carrier - or a spouse or girl friend. I would not worry about the cross logo of CB. More likely to be requested to deliver last rites than to get a man with a gun because of their logo.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
...Couldn't you place the belt in front of the clip?
Yes, you can...And that is exactly what I do and have been doing for some time now when I carry IWB but otherwise must be absolutely low profile as possible.

Holster IWB with clip against pant and then belt cinched tight against the clip results in same if not nearly the same amount of anti lift/sag tightness.

Agreed with all others that logo stamping the clip is not an optimal placement.
But then as carrying IWB the entire rig including clip is concealed anyway if the wearer is doing so properly.

- Janq

1 - 20 of 41 Posts