Defensive Carry banner

Why you DO need an AR-15

7K views 52 replies 43 participants last post by  TimGunn 
#1 ·
This video comes from Wilson Combat and features Ken Hackathorn and Masaad Ayoob . Well worth watching .

#3 ·
Too bad the other side will not listen, will not become educated. They just want to scream and kick.
And the politicians are just plain evil. They do not care if it is an AR or a semi auto pistol.
Heck if they could they would take away your shotgun and hunting rifle.
To them if they can disarm us they own us.

#9 · (Edited)
Forgive me for disagreeing but take another look;it's actually both if you consider both the video title and the text overlay. The DC post title comes from the video title, and the theme of the video is the need under the 2A for Americans to be competent with arms similar to those in use by the military forces. So, to achieve that, yes, you do need an AR.

#12 ·
Indeed, good points very well layed out. This is an argument well worth adopting.

#13 ·
I haven't watched it, but years ago when they still had a draft it just seemed like common sense to already be competent with rifles and military rifles in your youth. You don't hear that much anymore, but the basic idea is still a sound one. By 7 years old, Dad had already trained me in the different rifle positions. Makes me want to wake up the Grandson and familiarize him with the AR-15. We haven't gotten to that one yet.

Oh by the way, does Massad ever smile?

#25 ·
I've never been all that keen on the AR 15. The rifle is far from the favorite firearms I keep on hand. I originally acquired an AR 15 solely as a substitute for the M 16 for the purpose of continuing the progression of the U. S. military rifle collection, because acquiring an M 16 was impractical and costly.

I'm keeping it for that reason and to study and to shoot and, in large measure because traitorous people exist within both the U. S. political system and American society who would wish to take it from me. I don't wish to surrender American liberty. I'm stubborn that way.

#32 ·
I've never been all that keen on the AR 15. The rifle is far from the favorite firearms I keep on hand. I originally acquired an AR 15 solely as a substitute for the M 16 for the purpose of continuing the progression of the U. S. military rifle collection, because acquiring an M 16 was impractical and costly.

I'm keeping it for that reason and to study and to shoot and, in large measure because traitorous people exist within both the U. S. political system and American society who would wish to take it from me. I don't wish to surrender American liberty. I'm stubborn that way.
No thanks to the 1986 legislation signed by a so-called pro-2A POTUS. From my research, the NRA was OK with that legislation also.

#27 ·
I bought my first AR because Hillary said I wouldn't be able to. Deep down, the gun industry must love Democrat politician.

#28 ·
I prefer an M1A or AR-10 in 7.62X51mm for serious work. I have AR-15s in 5.56X45mm for plinking and my wife's use or other's use in a survival situation. I would prefer one of my Winchester '94 lever-action rifles in .30-30, .45 Colt, or .44 magnum to am AR-15 in 5.56X45mm for home-defense in a survival situation. I have an Alexander Arms AR-15 in .50 Beowulf for serious fun shooting. If I have to hump one through the boonies for days in a survival situation, I prefer the AR-15 in 5.56X45mm.

#29 ·
I don't have to have AR-15.

I prefer my customized AKM to the AR platform... I actually had an AR lovin' RO drooling over my rifle at the range last Thursday. After I let him fire a few rounds, he told me he had to have one. :biggrin2:

I also prefer the 7.62x39 to 5.56/.223 as well... But I do like the promising 6.8.

#31 ·
I will first ask:

Why do I need to need an AR-15 in order to have one?

I don’t!

It is not a Bill of Needs, it is a Bill of Rights.

I have one just cuz ... cuz I want one, cuz I like them, cuz they are fun, cuz they work, cuz I have qty 2 40 round magazine coupled together, for 80 rounds in my AR ready for SHTF .... “just cuz” is all you need to know.

Now, go live your life, I will live mine, mind your own business, & keep your bleepin’ nose outta mine ...

THAT’s WHY!!!!!

#33 ·
AR-15?

Well, I had lotsa AR type experience in my USMC days and appreciate the virtues of that platform.

But I just have a preference for wood and blued steel, so I have a Mini-14 instead. Not the same, but similar in quite a few ways.

JMO...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.