Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I ran across a video of Chris Pine, the actor, shooting at Taran Tactical's facility in California. He shoots very well! I think there are a couple reasons for this:

1) He's younger than we are
2) He's better looking than we are
3) He has a bunch of very attractive nubile young women cheering him on.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Remember: I am old for a reason.........
Yep, and given the situation I would use a gun and not a firearm. Concentrate on different targets. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Yep, and given the situation I would use a gun and not a firearm. Concentrate on different targets. :ROFLMAO:
Man's gotta have his priorities.

Reactions: ctr and G26Raven

·
Premium Member
8,825 Posts
Well, he's probably also been training for an upcoming movie. So there's that. Youth, and training as part of your job (here the job being proficient in firearms for film, I suspect).
The hot chicks help, I will admit.

·
Registered
42,968 Posts
I'm young, made a lot of money from acting, don't have a real job I have to go to, so yeah, I can spend all my time at a range...

Tell that to the plumber who's working weekends to support a wife and three kids.

·
Premium Member
9,100 Posts
And then there's this one.

A lot of kids now days think they have it so tough.
They have no idea how tough it can really get.
They should talk to their grandparents about it.
There are still some good kid's out there working hard, following their dreams not looking for a hand out.
I am the proud father of two of them.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I was blessed with 20/15 vision well into my 30s. At 18 in basic training I turned in a perfect score on the rifle qualification course using a very well-worn M14, open sights of course.

By my mid-30s I had developed astigmatism. By my 50s I was experiencing cataracts. My vision was down to 20/20 and my night vision went from excellent to bad enough to discourage night driving.

Cataract surgeries (new lenses in both eyes) in my late 60s. My vision is back to a reliable 20/20, night vision very good, and I am back to enjoying Service Rifle (M1, 1903 Springfield, 03-A3, and Springfield M1A), also a couple of antique Winchesters with century-old tang sights.

The lumbar spinal fracture, arthritis, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, and shoulder surgeries are proving to be a little more difficult to overcome.

The good-looking young ladies are most likely there to cheer for Grampa.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Havok

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
Speak for yourself.

They are faster, at close range, sometimes. Not better.

Give you as much high intensity training and see how you shoot right afterwords.
If you look at the hits on steel, they are fast, not that good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts