Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you are probably familiar with the Wichita Massacre. I’m posting these links for the benefit of those that haven’t heard the details, and as a reminder for those of us that have. I have heard from a few people that this incident was what made them buy a gun, and train in self-defense. For me, it serves as a reminder to be vigilant in my awareness and training. I have read the story several times, and it never fails to have an extremely chilling affect on me.

WARNING : The first link contains graphic detail of what happened. I posted the second link that gives a more concise and less graphic account, in case anyone does not want to read the details. However, I would suggest reading the first article. I believe that the shocking details of the crime are very important in raising awareness. Sometimes we need to be shocked.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1908

http://www.wichita-massacre.com/

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was not familiar with the details. Good reminder. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
That's kinda one of those thanks - I think.

Actually as sickening as such accounts are, we need to realize that's the way some people act and think. They are among us. We just never know if a violent person is going to try to enter our lives "up close and personal".

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
I don't remember hearing about that. I sure hope these guys get what they deserve!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They got the death penalty. Hopefully it will be carried out one of these days.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
A famous case that points out for me the reason I carry. You just never know what is going to happen, or where. I figure if someone is pointing a gun at me, no matter what they may say, my life is in jeopardy and I will do what is necessary to protect myself.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ahhh yes - I needed to read up on that and now recall all the details from many months ago.

The one outstanding aspect from this was to me and many others, the apparent compliance of the young folks - kneeling in order to be executed - not to mention as if needs said, being unarmed and so totally disadvantaged.

When things get that bad, despite folks probably ''hoping'' it will not go all the way - hell - surely if things are this heavy you FIGHT - you find some way yo retaliate even at risk of injury. No way just meekly aquiesce all the way thru. Chances are if all had exploded into retaliative action there just could have been a different outcome - easy to say I know.

None of that tho would probably have occurred had one or two of the kids been armed - they may have been injured but chances are high that the perp's would have been taken out.

It is a gruesome and shocking event - certainly one folks should know about.

·
Registered
521 Posts
WOW!
news to me. i musta been asleep when this all went down (in the media)

this simply stands to validate my (our) position(s) on self-defense and self reliance.
had there been a shotgun in the closet they were crammed into the and people willing, in mindset, to use it and fight back things woulda surely turned out different.
sad sad sad
makes me think "the last 3 digits of 1911 are 911".
if one doesnt work resort to the other....in no certain order.

and on a side note i think race had a LOT to do with this crime

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
JT said:
They got the death penalty. Hopefully it will be carried out one of these days.
Yea, that's the sad part. Usually they die of old age..............:mad:

·
Banned
151 Posts
This is the very type thing that got me moving around the Holidays to get moving and buy that Rem.870P shotgun.

Around my crime infested cowtown it's not if it's going to happen it's when that I can expect a bunch of thugs to attack my home.

It's happening to others and if people don't take the needed steps to defend themselves and family they are going to become victims.

·
Administrator
143,592 Posts
I never knew the explicit details of that incident though the gist of the story (of course) was printed in our local paper. Terrible!
I do not believe that this could be classed as a racial or hate crime. Sadistic, brutal, horrible, perverted, Yes, the BGs were true monsters.
They would have done the same to any other human beings regardless of race. Just my opinion on that.
This serves as a VERY WORTHWHILE REMINDER that total, humble, subservient compliance does not always mean that you will remain alive.
Decide now (or soon)...how you will react if (God Forbid) you ever find yourself in an even remotely similar situation.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Gotta wonder what is wrong with criminals. Good info for us all to keep in mind. The thought process of criminals is way diffrent than most people.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that this incident illustrates that there are things worse than dying. I would rather go down fighting. And I would definitely rather go down fighting than sit by and let this type of hell happen to my family.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I was born and raised in Wichita and lived there until about 4 years ago.

I remember the whole affair ... pretty frightening time (on a side note I was robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of the apartment building that the Carr brothers lived in ... by a young man who looked just like one of them ... I know it wasn't either one of them because they where both too young). The Carr brothers trial happened right after I left Wichita but the local media played the thing live on TV like the OJ trial.

I still suspect that part of the reason that BTK came out of retirement is because he couldn't stand his spotlight being taken by a couple of punk kids.

SOLOLUCKY said:
WOW!
news to me. i musta been asleep when this all went down (in the media)
It was ignored by most of the mainstream media (I suspect its because it was clearly the climax of an anti-white hate crime spree and we aren't allowed to speak ill of black folk because apparently they are the only race on the planet that are completely incapable of racism :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
QKShooter said:
I do not believe that this could be classed as a racial or hate crime. Sadistic, brutal, horrible, perverted, Yes, the BGs were true monsters.
They would have done the same to any other human beings regardless of race.
QK, this was third hand, so FWIW: I've been told that these criminals have expressed satisfaction over the race of these victims on numerous occasions, while in prison. The most "worthless" thing you can be is white, naive, and unarmed. Race, regardless of which side of the fence you're on, can easily escalate a situation- this is not "incidental", but central to the nature of "hate crimes".

·
Administrator
143,592 Posts
It's Not An Issue To Debate On This Forum

While that "Third Hand Information" might be true (or not)...what is also true is that for every hate crime ever committed by one race against another race or one religion against another religion or one ethnicity against another ethnicity or one "sexual preference" against another it's not too very difficult to find another incident EQUALLY as sadistic or perverse, heinous, or INTERCHANGEABLE.

This is a gun forum dedicated to solving and resolving Firearm Carry issues. We are not here to solve all of the race & religion issues of the world.

As horrible as this incident WAS if it cannot be looked at HERE ON THIS FORUM ~ In A Tactical Or Firearm Related Manner as Bad Guys Against Good Guys then it won't get looked at here at all.

Feel Free to discuss the Race Aspect of it on any different forum on the Internet.
This is just not the forum to spout off about it.
There are honestly 10,000 other forums on the web for white people to go & hate, bash, & comment about black people & vice versa.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Rob72 said:
Race, regardless of which side of the fence you're on, can easily escalate a situation- this is not "incidental", but central to the nature of "hate crimes".
This was my main point, and a "situational awareness" one. Be aware of your surroundings, and be aware that you may be in more danger because or racial, social, or SES differences, if assaulted or (worse) taken captive. Wasn't trying to "stir the pot"- someone mentioned possible prosecution under the Hate Crimes legislation.:wave:

·
Administrator
143,592 Posts
Rob ~ That's Cool

I got your point. It's a valid one.
Both the discussion & the lack of discussion of the racial aspects of the crime created havoc in Kansas & will do exactly the same thing here on CombatCarry.com if it gets started.
And...when it's all "over & done with" the issue still won't be resolved & talking about it here is not going to prompt any Feds to bring Federal Hate Crimes charges against the perps (who are already behind bars) so...what is it going to establish?
It will establish the fact that some blacks hate whites & want to commit horrible crimes against them & some whites hate blacks & want to commit horrible crimes against them? We already know that.
That's a "life fact" that's already a "given" & we're not going change it here.
So...situational awareness is GOOD & more situational awareness is always better.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Hadn't heard of this Either .. To bad what happened, all i can say is i wont kneel and do nothing as i am sent off into the never ending night ...

Someone is going with me .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts