Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kudos to my wife for getting her CCW. In CA it's all about patience: application live scan, MMPI test, psychological interview and, finally, CCW "class". It's a veritable marathon and then only if you're in a county where the IA issues. The practical test is very simple, but she did keep everything in the 10 ring with three very different 1911 platforms. She wanted to stick with a familiar manual of arms since she competes with a 9mm 1911. Now we will be the well armed, situationally aware aged couple!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Big congrats to your wife. Wish I could get my wife to get her carry permit.

·
Premium Member
8,173 Posts
That IS a marathon! Congratulations to your wife. I'm sure glad we live where it's a LOT easier to get a permit. Still have to take a class and pass a shooting test here, but I found the class very informative. We had excellent instructors.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congrats to Mrs. rdtompki on jumping through all the hoops and getting her permit. I hope she inspires at least one more person to do the same.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was the total government cost?
$500 = $100 for qualification test, $150 for interview with psychologist, $250 license fee and some jurisdictions require a more expensive class. Plus we each had to buy a few new guns since we previously only had 9mm 1911s for competition. It ain't cheap in California.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
My wife and I went through all of that in Ventura County. It took 18 months. In the words of Slick Willy, "I feel your pain."

But now, we live in Utah! No tests, no interviews, one classroom session, permit in 3 weeks. And here, if you change address, you just write your address on the back of the permit!

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Atta' Wayta' GO! While that's a much more arduous road than Mrs. GT had to take, whole-hearted congratulations to your better-half. :congrats:

Please remember that, IMHO, it's not the end. It's just the beginning of...the FUN (plinking, training, practice, etc.) stuff! :image035:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
That a girl! Congrats to her and you.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Congratulations to your wife! I couldn't imagine going through all that for a permit!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agreed. Mrs. slayer & I were a year from application to pick up in San Joaquin county here in Cali. Congratz to you & yours'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats. My wife and I are taking the CCDW class in Dec. was supposed to next weekend but something came up and when I asked if I could do it on my own I got "But I wanted to do it together.." so now I wait another month.. haha

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Congrats to your wife:hand10:, but I must say that the testing for a CCW permit in CA (your county) is a bunch for toro feces.:hand1:
An armed couple is a much safer couple.:comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts