Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pestered my wife for a little over a year now about getting her carry permit, and she's always thought it was unnecessary. I haven't broached the subject for the past 3 months or so and 4 days ago, she proclaimed, "I've come to a decision, and you're going to be surprised." She followed that up by telling me she's decided she wants to get her permit. We are going tonight to look at some weapons, and we're going to get her into a class in the next month.

I'm glad she's changed her mind, and more importantly, I'm glad she came to a decision on her own.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Congrats:congrats:

Hopefully my wife is next in line to do that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice to hear. I think it's worth emphasizing that you backed off, and gave her time/space to consider the issue for a while by herself. :35:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That's great. I have given my wife all of my arguments and tried to apeal to her logic. Then I remembered that she was a woman and tried to apeal to her emotions.:image035:

Still no luck, but she accepts my decision to carry and for now, I have to accept her decision not to, and hope she comes to it on her own like yours did.

Have fun at the gun shop with her.

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
That's great and I hope you enjoy your time shooting together.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Does she have a sister? Great she could think it through and make the right decision...many can't.

Congrats.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Good for her!

Just a note. If she purse carries she doesn't have to take the gun out of the purse to fire. It's hard on the purse but it's even harder on the bad guys when they realize they've been shot by a purse. Of course a hammerless revolver works best in this role.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Congratulations. Took my wife shooting a few times, years ago, and she decided that she wanted her permit. Always best when they make up their own mind.

·
Registered
55 Posts
took my wife many yrs to make up her mind, five yrs ago she came to me and said i'd like to shoot your carry weapon, now she carries everyday,
love a women that carries

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Congrats, I know how you feel...:danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban:

·
Registered
369 Posts
But if she really loved you.....

She would have wrapped up a new Wilson Combat 1911, given it to you, then told you about getting the CCW....:rofl:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats.

I'd talked about getting my permit off and on for the past 9 years, but my wife deciding she wanted hers was what got both of us on track. She received hers in the mail about a month before I got mine!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts