Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone would have told me 2 years ago that my anti-gun wife would be getting her CCW in a couple of years I would have said they needed to lay off the crack pipe! Today she did her range qualification. 25 out of 25 (100%) in the kill zone. Now she wants a CZ RAMI like mine she qualified with in addition to her Sig P238 we just got her a couple months ago. My God, what have I done! :blink:

DSC08349.jpg DSC08358.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice! My wife likes guns,and doesn't mind,shooting but she,doesn't want to go through the headache here in ca since I have mine and we are together pretty often. I keep trying to convince her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
One thing I'm always amazed by is how many wives can outshoot their husbands. Was chatting today with a shooting buddy, and he remarked about how he took his wife shooting really for the first time. Everyone would be horrified by her shooting stance, but its hard to argue with success with 90% in the 10 ring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One thing I'm always amazed by is how many wives can outshoot their husbands. Was chatting today with a shooting buddy, and he remarked about how he took his wife shooting really for the first time. Everyone would be horrified by her shooting stance, but its hard to argue with success with 90% in the 10 ring.
I'm right there with you.. first time my wife went shooting with my 9mm I was horrified by her grip and stance but she nailed the target HARD...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congratulations to your wife! I know the slippery slope well: first a purse gun, next an IWB gun followed by endless trips to the range that require you buy a reloading press:wink: And don't talk to her about competition to improve her skill. I reloaded 2200 9mm rounds over the last two days which I hope will cover the next few weeks. OTOH, the couple that shoots together stays together or so they say.

·
Registered
681 Posts
:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

·
Registered
426 Posts
What changed for your wife to pursue her CC permit Rainsong? perhaps I could use it on my gun unfriendly wife.
Congrats to Mrs. Rainsong, nice shooting.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Nice shooting! Congratulations to your wife.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Congrats to the wife. You will have to say yes mam from now on!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What changed for your wife to pursue her CC permit Rainsong? perhaps I could use it on my gun unfriendly wife.
Congrats to Mrs. Rainsong, nice shooting.
Not quite sure. I think she saw the fun I was having in my tactical shooting class and that I really did know what I was doing and wasn't going to shoot a hole in the roof or something. It also helped that a good shooting buddy's wife who is very much the same level as my wife wanted somebody to take the class with her. I'm sure a lot of the news stories here in the city of car jackings etc, and NM is #2 in the nation in violent crime contributed as well.
A year or so ago I got her her own gun (Bersa Thunder) and we would go out to BLM land and shoot with no pressure or other guns going off around her until she got comfortable (she still hates going to Calibers), just kind of grew from there.

Reactions: jttar and JoJoGunn

·
Registered
887 Posts
Congrats to the Mrs. Damn good shooting. Least you know you will always have a back up with her around :smile: Have gotten my wife to start shooting,,it's a slow process. Every time I go outside to shoot I ask her if she wants to shoot. She will come out and shoot 5 or 10 rounds. She just doesn't have a big interest. I don't push the issue, sad part is she shoots fairly well.

Reactions: Rainsong

·
Registered
176 Posts
New mexico doing pretty good a friend of mine also received his in about 9 days. Turned it in on Monday of last week checked his mail on Wednesday and there it was!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Sounds like you just lost your RAMI. Maybe if you bring home a 75 compact you can get your RAMI back.

Reactions: Rainsong
1 - 20 of 24 Posts