Defensive Carry banner

Wife Got Her Letter!

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  JoJoGunn 
#1 ·
The letter for the wife to take the concealed carry class here in WV came today. We've been waiting for it. She goes Aug. 18th, then to the range on the following Saturday to shoot. The Sheriff supplies the .38spl revolvers and ammo.

Needless to say, she's excited!!! :danceban:

#3 ·
Sounds like an excuse to go to the range this weekend... Tell her "Good Luck"...

#8 ·
The County Sheriff is the one who handles all classes, range time and then the application and approval process. You can go to another school that is approved and then submit an application, however, the classes outside the County level are very expensive and I just don't see the use in spending that much. I work for a County Elected Official, so it was easier to go through the County program. The class is free, the range fee is $25 and then when the permit is issued, that fee is $75. The classes are getting big, I put my wife on the list in January, but there were already nearly 150 ahead of her. I guess we can thank the current Washington boys (and girls) for the increase of applications.

#13 ·
Never heard of a ccw class that supplies the guns and ammo, I Could understand as a backup for a malfunctioning gun in class, is it mandatory to use theirs?
My class instructor provided the ammo and guns. He told us that we could bring our own if we so desired, but we didn't have to worry about it.

It was really great because at the time I took the course I did not own any guns. He had a rather large collection and took the opportunity to try out a variety that I otherwise wouldn't have given thought to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.