Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday took the wife to a sporting goods shop in nearby Kentucky. She recently got her carry permit and I had promised to purchase her a personal firearm for carry.

After looking at the .357 revolvers and such, she noticed Ms. Elsie Pea and loved the feel of it in her small hand. The man who worked there said he carries one, it's his "summer" concealed weapon. She liked the size and how easily she could work the slide action.

I asked her if she would like the smaller .380 caliber, she has fired a Keltec P3AT that someone else owns. She can shoot 9mm .38spl and .40 but felt the Ruger had more to offer, so I bought it for her.

Going to go pick it up Thursday, we live in WV and they must ship it to a FFL dealer so I can get it. Needless to say, she's excited. This is her very first pistol. Can't wait to get her out to the range either, she shoots better than I do, and I want her comfortable with her new toy as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola... :congrats:
I'm sure your wife will love the LCP. Be sure and give us a range report, when you get a chance to shoot it.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Good stuff !It's very reassuring to know that the wife is protected.

·
Banned
265 Posts
I think the LCP is the hottest ccw pistol out right now!

Edit: I think .380 is the perfect caliber for a weapon this size. Although they make 9mm, its a little much.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola that SHE picked out.:bier:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Got It!!!

Called the store today were Elsie Pea was being shipped. It was in, so being on a vacation week, I went and picked her up. Took about 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and background check. Got a spare magazine and 50 rds. of ammo too.

Called the wife. She was sooooooo excited, said, "bring it to me at work, like NOW!" Needless to say, I followed orders. Office workers impressed. One of the guys showed me a Taurus .40 he carries.

So I went back home, Elsie Pea stayed with the wife. Will give a range report asap.

Hope I did good.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Called the store today were Elsie Pea was being shipped. It was in, so being on a vacation week, I went and picked her up. Took about 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and background check. Got a spare magazine and 50 rds. of ammo too.

Called the wife. She was sooooooo excited, said, "bring it to me at work, like NOW!" Needless to say, I followed orders. Office workers impressed. One of the guys showed me a Taurus .40 he carries.

So I went back home, Elsie Pea stayed with the wife. Will give a range report asap.

Hope I did good.
Just a heads-up -- the LCP I bought doesn't feed very well. I'm glad I didn't have to use it before taking it shooting and figuring out. Great little gun but seems to need break in. Girlfriend's LCP seems to be the same way. Take that into consideration before your wife starts carrying it...

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:congrats: Good news. Great little pocket rocket! Enjoy and stay safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ruger LCP Crimson Trace LaserGrips®

Ruger LCP Just purchased a week ago and it is nice little pistol. Very Accurate when you take time to aim it. I ordered the LCP™ Crimson Trace LaserGrips® today. Has anyone had any experience with this add on?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts