Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my wife a Shield 9mm now we need to get a holster for EDC. She really likes her Remora for her BG380 so we're getting her one for the Shield but she also wants another option. Must be IWB, comfortable, easily conceal the weapon, kydex or hybrid, carry the weight of the Shield well, and preferably inexpensive $50 or under.

A few holsters we've considered so far are...PJ Holsters, Ozarks Holster.Company and Foxx.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Double post. Sorry.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Reactions: guitarzNgunz

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I highly recommend the Foxx holster. Just got one of my XD service model and I must say, they are quickly becoming my favorite brand. I ordered it on a Friday and I had it Tuesday. The leather is just the right thickness, the kydex is perfectly molded and the retention is fantastic. The best part is, it cost me a grand total of $49.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please have her take a look at www.welldressedguns.com . Unfortunately they are not as inexpensive as some of the others, but I think they are superior holsters the are very comfortable, conceal well, and don't impede your draw. Also turn around times are less than a month, which is faster then many other companies are right now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373355489.177565.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Check out SHTFGear holsters. Their holsters are top notch all the way around. I have three and they are all fantastic. Quality of materials is excellent, craftsmanship is superb, and turn around time is around two weeks or so..... much faster than anyone else in the market. I cant recommend them enough

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RockingGlock32

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just remember, what may be a good holster for you may not work for her. I found this out when trying to get my wife a holster for her shield. Women are built different and come in all kinds of shapes and sizes:smile:.

My wife is petite, but has some small hips after two children expanded them some. So carrying at the same postion as I do will not work for her. Just like us men do, it usually takes trying a few holsters till they find a good one that is comfortable to them.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that's why she loves her Remora, fully adjustable as far as ride height, position, and cant. We were just hoping to get some suggestions for another option that would be a good set up for the Shield.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I use both a Remora and an Old Faithful holster for my Shield depending on the situation.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
433 Posts
SHTF gear ace 1 a few dollars more than what you want to spend but well worth it. They also give discounts for NRA members and some other discounts if you qualify.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For IWB for my Shield I use the Little Foxx and LOVE it!
Is that the hybrid with one clip? It says the clip can be adjusted for cant (2 positions) my wife sometimes likes to carry her Remora at the 3 o'clock position. Just wondering if the clip can be straight up and down for 3 o'clock carry. And it says $39 is that the total shipped? and lastly does the leather protect your body from the slide serrations?

Thanks for your response it looks like a great option, we were looking at the FoxX Trapp but we like the looks of the Little FoxX much better and it's cheaper!

·
Registered
319 Posts
My wife's rides in a Panther Concealment IWB kydex holster with one belt clip. It is adjustable and custom-made. It's a very minimal design, reasonably priced, and superior customer service. google them, they're a small company with great quality control.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Is that the hybrid with one clip? It says the clip can be adjusted for cant (2 positions) my wife sometimes likes to carry her Remora at the 3 o'clock position. Just wondering if the clip can be straight up and down for 3 o'clock carry. And it says $39 is that the total shipped? and lastly does the leather protect your body from the slide serrations?

Thanks for your response it looks like a great option, we were looking at the FoxX Trapp but we like the looks of the Little FoxX much better and it's cheaper!
Yes, one clip and it can be adjusted. Clip can be straight up & down, although I don't carry in 3 o'clock so can't give any feedback there. Free shipping. (I paid the extra $8 for purple even though no one but me sees it, it makes me smile) I couldn't tell you if the leather protects the skin from anything, I hate the feel of any holster straight on my skin in the FL heat and wear a camisole under everything I wear so that goes between me and the holster.

GuitarzNgunz, I remember we spoke before about the Crossbreed and how much I love it, that's what I use with my XDsc, but to be honest I love this Little Foxx so much I'm planning on getting on for the XD as well. I still like my Crossbreed, but the overall size of the Little Foxx is so little and comfy I love it, even with a camisole in between I love that's there's less holster pressing against me. I've got purple for the Shield and am planning pink for the XD :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373417123.608216.jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts
May I ask why did you decide to change the clips to the comp-tac standard clips?
Here's the link to the topic I started regarding metal clips versus Comp-tac clips (complete with photos): http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-holsters-carry-options/163761-looking-feedback-comp-tac-belt-clips.html

I just hate cheap metal clips. I know lots of people like them fine, but I don't. The Comp-tac clips are made to match specific belt widths and colors, and they will not scratch up your belt or poke upholstery. Hope that helps. :smile:

Reactions: guitarzNgunz
1 - 20 of 28 Posts