Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said in a thread in February, my wife asked about a concealed carry permit. I encouraged her, but did not apply pressure, the women she works with helped her along.

At long last, she bought a Ruger LCR last Saturday, qualified with it today and takes her class next Saturday.

As an added bonus, she likes shooting and now may be interested in a target pistol.

Who would have thought that at 60 GaGa will be packing heat.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
One just never knows..do they?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good job! Encourage her, and tell her that you love her. Reassure her that you only want the best for her, and want her to remain both alive and healthy! This should provide her with the desire to make this sport a "family affair".

She'll love you for it.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
That's great!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thats great!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good for you and your wife. When I first got my CC Permit, my wife was totally against me carrying. Over the past few months, she's gotten used to it and has even questioned why I want to get a small pocket pistol when I should just carry my 9mm. Today she told me that one of her friends posted on Facebook that she went shooting for the first time and loved it and now wants a pistol of her own, so my wife responded that we just bought a new pistol. I think she is coming around slowly so I'm trying not to push. Hope I have a story like this to post in the near future!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!
I think my wife may be slowly coming around too. She jokes quite a bit about how she wants to open carry my 1911 at work (she is a receptionist for a veterinarian) just so stupid people won't give her a hard time.
Baby steps. That's what I keep telling myself.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Awesome, although age has nothing to do with it.
I started shooting handguns at the age of 12. Getting my CPL didn't come until 36 years later.
And here I sit wondering what took me so long:duh:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
You're going to be out-shot at the range. You know that, right? Part of the package. She gets some protection, training. You both get some added peace of mind. You get trounced every other month at the range, from 3-15 yds. Sounds perfect.

Congrats. :congrats:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
She likes shooting, eh? Well, I have an LCP and if the LCR is anything like it, you have one tough cookie there.

Congrats. I have "converted" a few, too. Just takes time for the light bulb to go on.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats to her, it's never too late to be responsible for one's own SD.

Soon, your pistols will be her pistols.:yup:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Very cool! It's always good when both of you are on the same page regarding personal defense and keeping everyone safe and alive!

:congrats:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Awesome, although age has nothing to do with it.
I started shooting handguns at the age of 12. Getting my CPL didn't come until 36 years later.
And here I sit wondering what took me so long:duh:
Because some of us (read: me) are slow learners.

Just glad it happened-for me, for Rugergirl, and for GaGa.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Fantastic! good to hear another is joining the "club"..... Now you guys will have something else you can share - gun cleaning supplies.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That's great! It took my wife just a few months before she decided to get hers but now glad she did. One thing that helped was every time I found one of her friends had a permit I would tell her.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
As I said in a thread in February, my wife asked about a concealed carry permit. I encouraged her, but did not apply pressure, the women she works with helped her along.

At long last, she bought a Ruger LCR last Saturday, qualified with it today and takes her class next Saturday.

As an added bonus, she likes shooting and now may be interested in a target pistol.

It was about at the stage where your wife is at that my wife discovered that we could defend each other and watch each other back. That was good for both of us and we have worked together with a purpose beyond range shooting. I have found that if people have purpose in there actions they will thrive.
The grand kids thank that it is cool that grandpa and grandma both pack and we both enjoy shooting with the grand kids. We just keep it safe, light, and give it purpose.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am damned proud of her. Without pressure from me she stepped up.

Now all of her dental office is going to take the classes and be prepared to defend them selves if it comes to that. As I told her there is a 99.9% chance that it will never come to that, but with me working out of town all of the time, and the increase of crime in the area both she and I are more comfortable with the situation.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Good work! But you better get yourself a gun that she does not like ... and that very soon :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts