Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Ruger sr22

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOEYTELLY

·
Premium Member
8,321 Posts
I SEE THAT THIS IS ALMOST A DUPLICATE of an earlier post on this thread, but am leaving this one for the little extra information I put in it and the link to the HR web site.

Within one short year, she no longer could use it at all, and we bought her a Sig P238.. No more racking issues... Well, not for a few months anyway. Now about 6 months down the road, she is having serious problems handing the Sig as her arthritis seems to get worse by the day.
I have to use the plastic Handi Racker "gizzy" for all my guns except the SIG P238. to get the slide back to slide lock. I can still slingshot the slide to load the first round in most of them, but that is when wearing shooting gloves which give me a bit more purchase on the slide. You need to get the right size Handi Racker for the gun you are using, and the company keeps revising the sizes so best to go to their web site and even contact them before ordering one.
Safest way to rack your pistols Handi-Racker

It is about the best $20 I've spent on shooting accessories. NOTE: I do not and cannot use it the way they show on their web site. I stand it upright on a flat table surface, "insert" the front of the slide while holding the handi racker stable, and push DOWN on the grip to get the gun to slide lock. Yes, you do have to have your thumb on the slide lock lever so it catches. Still the best helper I have at this point.

Reactions: Rexster

·
Premium Member
8,321 Posts
I have found that my new S&W M&P .22 COMPACT is the easiest to rack of all the guns I own or have ever owned, and it is not picky about ammo. I have shot CCI Mini Mags and also Aguila .22 high speed which are about the same velocity as the mini mags and were around 5 cents a round for a bulk shipment of 5,000. Nothing cheaper than 5 cents a round though. Currently I'm paying only 8 cents a round for the CCI mini mags which is terrific. I'm avoiding Federal .22 anything although I read somewhere that the Federal Champion work pretty well.

My hands seem to be getting worse also, with my formerly OK left hand acting up now. Scary. Symptoms now in both hands of carpal tunnel syndrome but one of the women in our group had the CT. surgery and now can't hold a gun properly anymore, even after therapy, etc.

The M&P .22 compact is far easier for me to use than my Mark IV LITE. If I had bought it first I would not have bought the Mark IV at all. But that's OK because Gramps has decided he likes that Mark IV so it will get used a lot also.

·
Registered
520 Posts
S&W Model 41.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a m&p 22 compact with a crimson trace rail laser. Probably have over 1500 rounds through it and never failed. It's a great little 22 that is reliable and fun to shoot!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The SR22 has the easiest to load .22lr mags I've owned. Has a big thumb lever to pull the follower down. The pistol is lightweight, has good sights and is also one of the easiest to take apart. For those challenged by manual dexterity the SR22 is a good choice.
+1 on everything above.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I SEE THAT THIS IS ALMOST A DUPLICATE of an earlier post on this thread, but am leaving this one for the little extra information I put in it and the link to the HR web site.

I have to use the plastic Handi Racker "gizzy" for all my guns except the SIG P238. to get the slide back to slide lock. I can still slingshot the slide to load the first round in most of them, but that is when wearing shooting gloves which give me a bit more purchase on the slide. You need to get the right size Handi Racker for the gun you are using, and the company keeps revising the sizes so best to go to their web site and even contact them before ordering one.
Safest way to rack your pistols Handi-Racker

It is about the best $20 I've spent on shooting accessories. NOTE: I do not and cannot use it the way they show on their web site. I stand it upright on a flat table surface, "insert" the front of the slide while holding the handi racker stable, and push DOWN on the grip to get the gun to slide lock.

Yes, you do have to have your thumb on the slide lock lever so it catches. Still the best helper I have at this point.

Granny and any others with this problem... don't forget ...you can insert an empty magazine and not have to touch the slide lock lever... so all of your energy can go to pushing the slide back and it will auto lock on the empty mag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe too small and light, but what about a Beretta 21A with the tip-up barrel? No racking at all.
Sights on the Beretta are not usable. The trigger pull is heavy and it is strictly a pocket Gun,, not suitable for plinking or target practice..
Maybe too small and light, but what about a Beretta 21A with the tip-up barrel? No racking at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just bought a Keltec P17 and got my wife to handle it and rack it. It's the first pistol she had no problem racking. She's a little 5'1", 110 blue/green eyed babe. 17 rds of .22 is nothing to sneeze at. The next easiest pistol for her to rack is the Walther CCP 9mm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I sure hope OP has found a gun for his wife in the past 4 years.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes we did find a few 22's..,,, Lets see now.
yeah,We DID buy the SR22.... oh yeah, AND the 21A Bobcat Inox stainless,, also a Ruger LCPII, .22LR-and a Ruger Wrangler...
and a tiny little .22 semi auto rifle ,... Some Bantam thing,, Savage?.. Marlin?.. Mossberg?/.. I forget,- its a Bantam something or other... I bought it just for her, and she tried it once , kept trying to put the stock under her arm, declared she could not shoot a rifle even this tiny kid sized one,would not even attempt to learn, and the rifle was never touched again.

All those .22's don't see much time except for the LCP, which I often carry.. She wants to handle no other gun except for the . P238 she carries, but will shoot the LCP .22 at the range here and there... She's a pain when it comes to guns, but because of her ultra pickiness, i get all of her rejects... bob

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why not the LCP II-22?
yes we have one... she shoots it at the range, but can't load the mag... I carry it a lot.
She just likes her p238, and every single gun I buy "for her", goes right to me after 1 trip to the range.
She's used to the Sig, and seems to have no interest in getting used to any other gun, and nit picks little perceived faults as a way to justify not learning a new gun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably don’t want to hear this, but Taurus has come out with a semi auto .22lr. I can’t remember the model number but I watched and read quite a few good reviews on the thing. The Military Arms channel was using it as a comparison to the Glock 44 and he was really singing its praises. Holds 17 rounds in the mag I think and it seems to eat pretty much anything it was given. May be something to look into.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Probably don’t want to hear this, but Taurus has come out with a semi auto .22lr. I can’t remember the model number but I watched and read quite a few good reviews on the thing. The Military Arms channel was using it as a comparison to the Glock 44 and he was really singing its praises. Holds 17 rounds in the mag I think and it seems to eat pretty much anything it was given. May be something to look into.
That'd be the Taurus TX22. A friend of mine has one and says it's rock solid. I ended up buying the Keltec P17 because it cost $150 less. Same 17rd capacity, though.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts