Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several years with a S&W 642, her hands got to where the recoil was just too much for her. We went to the range and tried a variety of semi-autos for her; she fell in love with the Kimber Micro Compact .380 and man, was she ever accurate with the little thing! She put magazine after magazine of little .380 rounds right where she wanted them to go and had no trouble racking the slide or manipulating the controls. So, we went to the retail side and she bought a new one, the "Advocate" Model. It is a well made little pistol and most importantly, she likes it and will carry it and practice with it. I picked her up a couple of spare mags while we were there and ordered up a boat load of .380 from www.laxammo.com for her. FWIW, I am impressed with the fit and finish and the operation of the gun. And as they say, "If Momma ain't happy; ain't nobody happy". Here's the mandatory picture of her new pistol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I like it!

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I have had the standard blued Kimber Micro since they first arrived-I like mine quite a bit and they are accurate for such a short barrel pistol.Never have had a problem with mine and have about 400 mixed rounds thru it-I will try several different loadings staggered in the magazine to see if a glitch ensues-feeds everything.I found that mine likes the Hornady Custom XTP or the Hyperclean with the Hornady XTP bullet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts