Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
Regardless of whether it is substantially correct now, due to the fact it is subject to constant editing, it may or may not be substantially correct in five seconds, five minutes, hours, or days.

It does have a nice general description and analysis of the concept.

I would do nothing more than consider it a very weak starting point, for research to be validated by any specific states' statutes. It is weak due to it's design and open framework.

And, Texas should be present on it if they want to be inclusive.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
GA BABY ....

Stand your ground !!

I am not required to run. I just shoot you and then wait on the Cops and Ambulance to arrive.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wiki is a good place to look for information, but remember what it is: "A web-based, free-content encyclopedia project based mostly on anonymous contributions".

Do your own due diligence, especially with something as important as knowing the self defense laws in your state.

-Plop

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Wiki is a good place to look for information, but remember what it is: "A web-based, free-content encyclopedia project based mostly on anonymous contributions".

Do your own due diligence, especially with something as important as knowing the self defense laws in your state.

-Plop
You can get the same info in Readers Digest...:yup:

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
So we have great skepticism about the article...but can find nothing specifically wrong?
There is merely no benefit for me to do so - I merely need to know the Statutes, Regulations, Rulings and case law of the state in which I am interested.

I have no, and see no need to critically analyze a source in which I have little or limited confidence.

As I said though, it can be a source of good, general information and discussion.

It is not unlike me Ignoring a Tax Treatise written by a scholar unknown to me, or worse yet, by a law student or a group of law students or some other unnamed source. It just carries little substantive weight. To the contrary, a Treatise written by a Walter Hellerstein and a Boris I. Bittker or a James S. Eustice would certainly catch my eye, and might in fact, constitute "Substantial Authority".

Just my $.02, or WGAS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts