Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I can tolerate carrying IWB when needed I have been enjoying carrying OWB since cooler weather has set in here in Indiana. I am cuurently carrying and S&W 908 in a High Noon Bare Skin holster. The setup works well for me execpt I would like a easy on/easy off setup so I am looking at a paddle holster. I know that paddles generally don't conceal as well as belt slide holster but I have heard that the Fusion and a model by fist (I don't remeber the model) are both designed to be more concealble then the average paddle holster.

The Fusion by Wild Bills Concealment is quite a but less expensive then the fist model. I am well aware that one generally gets what you pay for but I am wondering if anyone out there has used the fusion paddle holster and can give me some info on just how well it conceals.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have one for my Glock 17. The holster pulls the weapon pretty well for concealment. My only complaint is that there is no retention adjustment on it.

·
Super Moderator
17,985 Posts
I owned a Fusion for a while for a K-T P-11 but I let it go when I traded off the pistol. Wild Bill’s holsters are well made and he stands behind every holster he sells. I do have four of his Covert Carry IWB holsters that get constant use and have held up well, I also have a Summer Heat for a 5” 1911. All the holsters I have purchased have been well worth the price. As far as their customer service I purchased a Covert Carry for a Kahr but the gun rode too low in the holster and caused me to gouge my fingers on the belt clip when drawing, I explained the problem he took the holster back, did some restitching and had it back to me in less than two weeks.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I can't evaluate the Fusion holster, but paddle holsters themselves are an animal that seem to require personal testing to ensure the fit.
The Fist model you speak of is the #18 Paddle Holster, and I just received this holster last week.
Paddle Holster

I was very apprehensive as to its effectiveness, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway, hoping for success.
The Fist fits as well as my IWB's and my OWB's. This paddle holster make for a great holster that is easy on/off, comfortable, and tight against the body. I still love my OWB's more that my IWB's now, but that 'threading the belt loops and the holster can be a bit time consuming...the paddle holster has eliminated that problem.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't evaluate the Fusion holster, but paddle holsters themselves are an animal that seem to require personal testing to ensure the fit.
The Fist model you speak of is the #18 Paddle Holster, and I just received this holster last week.
Paddle Holster

I was very apprehensive as to its effectiveness, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway, hoping for success.
The Fist fits as well as my IWB's and my OWB's. This paddle holster make for a great holster that is easy on/off, comfortable, and tight against the body. I still love my OWB's more that my IWB's now, but that 'threading the belt loops and the holster can be a bit time consuming...the paddle holster has eliminated that problem.
Would you say that the fist paddle is as concealable as your other OWB holsters?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts