Defensive Carry banner

Wilderness/Brommeland Update

2366 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Gary Brommeland
Hey All,
I received my sample today of the Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructer's Belt. I've got to tell you that my initial impression could not be more positive. These things are GREAT!!! They support an OBW and IWB holster as well as a premium leather holster belt and they look great too. I believe that they would go fine w/ jeans, BDU's, even 5.11's and Dockers for casual wear.
I will be stocking these things for sure. Please give me a call @ 423.733.1779 to order one. Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
Gary Brommeland said:
Hey guys!

The 5-Stitch that I'm presently wearing is the 1.5" for just the reasons that ya'll have stated. Many current production holsters, mag pouches and trouser belt loops will not fit a 1.75" belt, so I wanted to make sure that the 1.5" was up to the job.
I am presently wearing my 5" steel frame 1911 in one of my Def-Cons (which is an OWB pancake type design) and they work VERY well together. This belt supports the holster/weapon every bit as well as a top end leather gunbelt. Thus far, I am very impressed with this product.
I use a 5 stitch 1/12 inch Wilderness wtih your Max Con v's and they work very well together. I've been thinking about one of your Def-Cons for winter wear. Not sure if I'm going to hang on to the Para yet. I think that the full size 1911 would be too long to hide easily under a light jacket or flannel shirt??? Hence the P-12... for now.

· Registered
472 Posts
Gary Brommeland said:
I'm not sure if you are asking my opinion here or not, but here goes: It really depends upon your clothing choices. As I type this I am wearing a light fleece sweater, and my 5" is easily covered. The distance from the bottom edge of the belt to the lowest point of the holster's muzzle is 4 3/8". The holster, BTW, is a Def-Con.
As you play around w/ your various cover garments, this should be able to tell you if it will work for you, given your clothing preferences. Good luck!
Thanks for the Info and advice. I'll have to measure some of my cover garments. Remember that I'm only 5'7" and weigh 140 lbs. So there is not a lot of me to hide things!!!

Maybe we should carry this discussion on by email and not on the boards ????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.