Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Wilderness Zip Slide with a Glock 19?

How tight is the retention at first? Is it ridiculously hard to get the pistol in and out of the holster?

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I haven't seen that one before, it looks sort of interesting and fits a 1911. I don't normally prefer a holster with a strap but does look like it would keep the exposed gun from being pushed from the holster like a Yaqui slide. Let us know how it works out if you buy one. I certainly like Wilderness' products.... :smile:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well, I marked their website....be interested to know if anyones got one for a 1911. Agree with Bumper, this one looks promising.....a man (or woman) can never have too many holsters....or guns for that matter!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have and use a Zip Slide for my G-27 on a regular basis. At first it can be difficult to holster up till you get used to it, but the retention is quite good as long as your standing. If seated you have to be carefull not to let anything push up on the exposed muzzel. It's great if you have to enter a restricted bldg. without your weapon as when it's empty it doesn't look like a gun holster.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got one of these and I love it.

I really like the fact that it's super easy to put on and take off even when wearing a belt and blends in perfectly with the wilderness belt.

The draw is so fast from it that you have to be careful the pistol doesn't sleep from your hands.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I have used leather belt slides for a couple different companies and in general I like them, you do have to be careful about the muzzel getting pushed up, but few holsters are faster on the draw.

·
Administrator
143,812 Posts
How About

How About taking a few good photos of your Wilderness Zip Slide since a decent photo of it is not to be found on the web? :smile:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've changed my mind. after using it for a bit, I really don't like it all that much. it's hard to reholster and I find that when drawing from that as opposed to my threat solutions ucr I have to use a different motion.

i'm going to sell the wilderness and get a GCode.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Only think about a Gcode is they doint hug you very well they stick out quite a bit i have one for my Hk and dont care for it.

With the IWB attachment its pretty uncomfortable to wear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bud White said:
Only think about a Gcode is they doint hug you very well they stick out quite a bit
I agree. That is why I got a Galco FLETCH High-ride for my OWB needs. Took a little work to get it broken in, but it conceals great for an OWB holster. I love it. Also that is my first leather for the G19.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts