Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard it again from another guy that says his brother-in-law has one so that it can go through metal detectors."He's a cop, and has a special Glock"
I'd like to see one.
I have been hearing this since the Glock came out,(amongst other things about the Glock), and there was a part in a movie that mentioned the Glocks had ceramic barrels and slides.

Any one out there have one, or know of one?
I'd like to hear from you , and see a picture or two.
Maybe I am wrong, maybe such a thing exists.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
they dont exist they never did and no you will never stop hearing about the Glock from diehard 2 so one got little excited in the hollyweird script

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Certainly AFAIK Hollywood legend material! I'm with Bud on this.

Ceramics have advanced hugely but to be able to have all parts (ALL) as non metal will not cut it for me even so. I have yet to come across for instance a mainspring or recoil spring that can have the needed rate unless - made from steel.

If a gun just was almost all ''something else'' than steel then - a scan would show two springs at least - and in positions that would IMO scream ''Gun''!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I've gotten to look at the Glock LEO section of the Dealer's inventory for LEOs.NO SUCH THING EXISTS (Maybe for the magical machinists out there) If it was for real, it would be offered in the LEO inventories
I'm NEVER seen of heard of one, and as going to the Glock Armorer's school in the late 80' (along with the H&K school) No such animal..
maybe in the movies

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A semi-auto made entirely of ceramics and polymers would be technically possible, but it would be a nightmare to actually make, probably would not function reliably and would have a very limited lifespan. Not to mention when it failed it would probably explode. But other than that, a piece of cake!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
But other than that, a piece of cake!
That definitely shouldn't show up in a scan LOL! :biggrin: :silly:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey now, I've spoke to a guy that had a cousin who's girlfreind's brother's best friend's uncle had a Glock 7. He was "officially" MIA, but was actually working for the CIA at the time.

:rolleyes:

What even worse is when someone comes in the store wanting to know how much one costs. Then, despite the fact he knows almost nothing about guns (and informed us of that) he has to argue with the four guys behind the counter about wether or not they exist.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Zach S said:
Hey now, I've spoke to a guy that had a cousin who's girlfreind's brother's best friend's uncle had a Glock 7. He was "officially" MIA, but was actually working for the CIA at the time.

:rolleyes:

What even worse is when someone comes in the store wanting to know how much one costs. Then, despite the fact he knows almost nothing about guns (and informed us of that) he has to argue with the four guys behind the counter about wether or not they exist.
Zach, you're so correct on what you're saying :biggrin:
It's so typical of those customers, who are driven by the Media hype. Been there, heard what you're talking about. It's amazing how people are so ill-informed, and yet after they argue about how they know so much and yet they walk out of the shop with the idea that they know more than the guy behind the counter that is required to know all the Gun laws, and who sells the product. LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Dont forget to the Glock 7 was made in germany according to Die Hard 2 and them german's can make anything

While the rest of the Glocks are made in Austria

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Bud White said:
Dont forget to the Glock 7 was made in germany according to Die Hard 2 and them german's can make anything

While the rest of the Glocks are made in Austria
Right on target Bud!! :biggrin: Typical Movie media BS
Glad you posted the reply.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ice bullets in plastic cases completely invisible to xray stored in a cooler disguised as a book.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
soflasmg said:
Ice bullets in plastic cases completely invisible to xray stored in a cooler disguised as a book.

anyone cacth the episode of Mythbusters on the ice bullets? Intresting to see. Bottom line , it can't be done.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Anybody remember Clint Eastwood's In The Line Of Fire?

The BG used some sort of ceramic pistol with ice bullet ammo, IIRC.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The whole concept would be really cool.......If they did make one, Id wear it in my Ninja Outfit! :D

The springs are easily enough to get around........Berilium Copper is very strong and isnt magnetic........

Shoot well.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Captain Crunch said:
Anybody remember Clint Eastwood's In The Line Of Fire?

The BG used some sort of ceramic pistol with ice bullet ammo, IIRC.
The pistol was ceramic or some sort of polymer/plastic. The bullets though were just plain ol' cartridges (remember, he hid them in a rabbit's foot to get them into the banquet). The ice bullets were from the movie Most Wanted.

Is it a sign of obsession when you remember the guns and ammo (and the major "hollywood gun screwups") from almost every action movie you've seen? :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i suffered Titanic last night and was surprised the 45 only shot 8 shots... 1 in pipe 7 in mag but even though it was a pretty fly engraved 1911 nickle plated Bling bling i would say for some one to have one like that early 1912 would be dang near impossible

1 - 20 of 31 Posts