Defensive Carry banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,768 Posts
A few weeks and fifteen pages into it, yeah, it's gonna get worse...

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
So much concern about toilet paper. But I have the perfect solution. In Europe they call it a bidet but at my house I call it a shower. Poopy poopy washy washy.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
15 pages? Well, we are all above the old sod in order to press these keys, just noticed they are cold!
Checked our thermostat, set at 79F temp at 76F. Cool in this wee townhouse.
My Library is closed down (Yours too? I suppose) As a genuine readaholic, I devour books, two a week.

So, my electronic reader is alive and well, at this time, Michael Connelly in the shape of Detective Bosh is keeping me engrossed, and he does not make silly gun gaffs! I bought a book for $1. From a book sale at the library way back when, by Mr Connelly. He introduced a new character, a female Detective Renny Ballard. Title The Late Shift.
My Wife is reading it now. I have heard it called keeping your sanity! Locked down a home? But I have no problem that way, quite happy staying home. Again people talk of STRESS! Not me, do not get that, also I do not get headaches either.

The Aussies are supposed to have started this craze for Toilet Roll stacking? We still have a bag of 30 in the closet.
Our delivery from Cosco had a huge bag of kitchen Rolls, foot long, they will take place of TR if we run out.
A SXXTTY subject? The Politicians are talking about a peak in this terrible pandemic? The death rate dropping?
Another projection. 7-30 AM my Sheff is fast asleep! Porridge for breakfast on the menu, real thick with dark brown sugar, yummy. Keep your Cell phones charged, keep also that 9mm handy. I am going back to my Glock 43X, now I have two Shield 15 round all-steel magazines. No idea the extra weight those 5 rounds will cause?

But the piece of mind makes it worth it! Such a slim 16 round pistol. Think I might go back for a couple of hours sleep. Spoke that thought out loud? No reply?

Keep safe.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Will it get worse?
Only if we all lose our jobs and our retirement savings evaporate into nothing.
Short of that, it will get better.
I love the news this weekend talking about the next week or two being the worse,
They are calling it our "Pearl Harbor" and "911" moment. Get over yourselves.
What a crock of BS. Just ask a combat vet if this is the worse they ever saw.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
It's going to get worse but probably in ways we can't imagine, or we can imagine but are called, "crazy conspiracy theorists" for voicing it.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Just finished listening to a few minutes of Cuomo's daily blather. He says that the hospitals are overrun with CV patients and can't handle any more. If that's true, why aren't they transferring some of them to surrounding county hospitals to relieve the pressure on the hospitals in NYC. There's a huge state surrounding NYC with a lot of hospitals. Take the less critical patients out of NYC.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
We here in Florida, are all shut-ins! Not a problem for my wife and I, we actually like being together. Quite a novel concept, yes?
After finishing a dress for our 7-year-old Granddaughter in Sacramento, a striped bed sheet has become a mask project.
The first one she made, brought her into the living room where I was reading my electronic book. Wearing her new mask, and pointing a gun finger at me "Stick 'em up!" a 75-year-old comedian, don't you know.
I did not take the threat too seriously, as my Glock 19 4th Gen pistol was in my track pants! Remember the reason we always are armed. JUST IN CASE! Like my Jeeps auto-lock system. 15 miles an hour, all doors lock.
Another piece of emergency equipment, the lock blade knife clipped on to my right pants pocket. Is an emergency knife, has a window breaker, a seat belt cutter, and of course a very sharp 4" blade.
Can we all see the light at the end of the tunnel? Reference this Chinese pandemic? I was living in Canada during the Sars epidemic, that passed, this one will also.
Keep armed, keep safe, keep well.

·
Registered
33,947 Posts
Just finished listening to a few minutes of Cuomo's daily blather. He says that the hospitals are overrun with CV patients and can't handle any more. If that's true, why aren't they transferring some of them to surrounding county hospitals to relieve the pressure on the hospitals in NYC. There's a huge state surrounding NYC with a lot of hospitals. Take the less critical patients out of NYC.
That would cut down on his air time.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I also thought that the Naval medical ship was for patients other than CV victims.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
That would cut down on his air time.
Exactly

I also thought that the Naval medical ship was for patients other than CV victims.
It was supposed to be but for some reason, there was only a handful of patients. I guess no one has the need for a hospital in NYC unless they have CV. It's very strange. Other than elective surgery, surely there were people being hospitalized for other things.

Yesterday I heard that the Comfort was going to take Corona Virus patients too.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Exactly

It was supposed to be but for some reason, there was only a handful of patients. I guess no one has the need for a hospital in NYC unless they have CV. It's very strange. Other than elective surgery, surely there were people being hospitalized for other things.

Yesterday I heard that the Comfort was going to take Corona Virus patients too.
As of a couple days ago, NY had 1/3 of the number of expected COVID patients in their ICUs. Being overrun and needing the ships falls in line with them needing more ventilators because they were doubling up, then putting them all in storage because nobody actually needed them. My personal opinion is that Cuomo is viewing this as a campaign opportunity. Everything he has said has been shown to be an exaggeration, except for the help they are getting from the federal government.

I guess I’ll just leave this comment here as well since this thread is as good as any.
I read an interesting article this morning by an epidemiologist. He was saying that the whole quarantine approach and wanting to flatten the curve is counterproductive to reducing the number of deaths. His theory is that although it reduces the spike, it drags out over a longer period of time, and not enough people will develop immunity to result in successful herd immunity. I hadn’t really thought about the effect it would have on herd immunity. I don’t know if he is right or not, but either way I’m against our quarantine approach.

Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Registered
826 Posts
...I read an interesting article this morning by an epidemiologist. He was saying that the whole quarantine approach and wanting to flatten the curve is counterproductive to reducing the number of deaths. His theory is that although it reduces the spike, it drags out over a longer period of time, and not enough people will develop immunity to result in successful herd immunity. I hadn’t really thought about the effect it would have on herd immunity. I don’t know if he is right or not, but either way I’m against our quarantine approach. [emphasis added]
The "flatten the curve" idea has mostly to do with not overloading our hospitals and their medical equipment (e. g., ventilators).
The flatter the curve, the fewer acutely-ill patients with which a given hospital will have to deal.
That may...or may not...reduce the number of deaths, and has very little to do with developing that "herd immunity" we keep hearing about.

In the COVID-19 case, "herd immunity" may be a will-o'-the-wisp anyway.
We still don't know whether having a mild case...or any case...of the Wu-Flu confers immunity. It may not.

Bat soup, anyone?

·
Registered
33,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Saw a story how when Bloomberg was mayor they started stockpiling ventilators.
Then for some reason they ran out of money after about 500 or so.
In 2016 they figured out that they couldn’t afford to maintain the stockpile or expand it.
So they figured the best thing was to sell them all.
Needed the money for sanctuary city programs.
Now they are screaming at the feds to save them
Ask DeBlowsio where your ventilators are

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Recent news is S Korea is seeing a recurrence even in recovered CoV-19 patients.
I saw that too. One theory is that the test for the virus in the "recovered" persons were all cases of false negatives. I'm hoping that is so.

201 - 220 of 229 Posts