Defensive Carry banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Taiwan has kept its schools open, and people working. The kids in schools, a good distance apart, all wearing masks, till meal times, then masks pulled down, and a tall shield placed around each student.
Seems like they had a good grip on the Chinese Virus, being a nation right next door to China, early.
The big worries of an upsurge in deaths seemed to have not happened. Looks like I will have to do some shopping soon, no not for Toilet Paper, OK there. But eggs and bread for sure. One thing I remembered about WW11, my Dad stockpiled tinned goods, filled up a cupboard under the stairs. But when the war started, he found my Mother had been using it as a shop! And it was empty! She was just lazy.
My wife and I think the same way, we always keep lots of food stored that can keep. We do not use Cows milk but do store Soy milk, from Cosco. In fact, I have 3 boxes of 12 right now. With no need to put in refrigerators.
Keep a couple in the fridge though, nice on cereal.
I have settled on my armament! Glock 19 on the bedside table.
Glock 43X with one up the spout, and Shield all-steel magazine, the 15 round capacity one, so that slim wee 9mm, has a 16 round capacity also. Carried in my new Urban carry. Lock leather holster. Best holster I have ever had!
A big difference in comfort when driving the Cherokee.
We are missing our once every two-week suppers! And once a week pancake breakfasts!

·
Premium Member
33,723 Posts
Recent news is S Korea is seeing a recurrence even in recovered CoV-19 patients.
No way for us regular folk to know at this point, but I wonder whether they are being reinfected, or once again becoming symptomatic from the original infection.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Just to show you how crazy the corona news is.
Bernie Sanders just dropped out of the race today.
Barely a blip on the radar, month ago it would have been front page news.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Just to show you how crazy the corona news is.
Bernie Sanders just dropped out of the race today.
Barely a blip on the radar, month ago it would have been front page news.
I'm listening to his speech right now.

Blah, blah, blah, climate change...blah, blah blah...$15 an hour minimum wage...blah, blah, blah...social equity...

I'm so glad to see that old coot drop off. He was like one of the Walking Dead in much need of a head shot.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Can you imagine, that old Commie esposed free medical for illegal immigrants? I did it the legal way, my Son was a Citizen when we came down from Toronto. Three years, a green card. It was not that expensive. The one thing that illegals do not do that I did (and all legal migrants do) Take an extensive medical! So your future citizens are proved healthy.
Ask me why I carry a Citizenship card, taken from the US Passport? If I am stopped by the Police? Doesn't happen, I drive a marked Security Vehicle. The minute I open my mouth! Scouse accent! They don't normally ask for proof, leave it to ICE. But they could.
Leave your Chaps laughing? We were walking into Sacramento Airport, a man walking out said: "Where did you score such a lovely Lady?"
"I stole her off her Husband," said I, he was laughing like a drain all the way to his Taxi. No joke, I did. Scousers, born thieves.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
It could, but then again, it may get better. The trick is to be prepared, regardless of which side of the coin is up.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts