Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
It got a little hot down here after coastal communities woke to an invasion of out of town and State vacationers ignoring the Governors advice to stay home to lick this virus. No violence but the heat found expression. Expecting an official stay at home edict today or on the morrow
Our limited rural resources have already been strained by inconsiderate locals and the hordes of out of townees thinking only of themselves tipped what little patience was left over and spilled it out.
Not unexpected as that is what Portland and the rest of the progressive I-5 corridor population do best. They've been told to go home.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
We live in Florida! I am in track pants and a short-sleeved tee type shirt, and old guy slippers. (Well I am one!) Complete with a Glock 19 4th Gen, with night sights,

Loaded with 16 rounds of Federal 147g HST that says Law Enforcement on the 50 round box. Bought for my Sons Security Co. I actually do not think it is restricted.
But it gets great reviews.
Glock 19 is a decent choice for SD regardless of location, or anticipated threat. Hope for the best, carry for the worst philosophy.

HST is not restricted and performs well, 147 gr. is what my wife's Glock 19 is loaded with, best endorsement I can give.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I awoke this morning at 7a.m. to the sound of a gun shot on my roof. I jumped up with gun in hand and upon further investigation I saw the golf carts outside my window.

.....it was just a misguided golf ball bouncing off the clay tile roof of my condo. Golf......why did it have to be golf? There will be a nuclear war wiping out humanity.....and the golfers will still be there at dawn along with the screaming Sandhill Cranes.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Will it get worse? Probably.

When will we hit bottom, and how much worse will it get?

My guess is no earlier than June, and about as bad as the mortgage bubble burst.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't know what it's like in your parts of the country, but here in the northeast I still haven't seen any TP on the shelves for the past week-an-a-half. Not everyone hoarded, but everyone is looking for it, and folks will start running out at some point, and there is NO WAY even I could wait until August for replenishment! Plus we're told that "there is plenty of supply" in the US, my question is where? Why hasn't it made its way to stores after 10 friggin days?

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
My worry is

A. more and more cops are getting it or not wanting to go on calls to avoid it
B. As part of A a lot of cities are saying for calls that are not involving violence or the now threat of it they wont respond ..Ie breaks in with no one at home , car theafts , minor crimes etc

My worry is this may embolding criminals ..Right now EBT etc is still there , People are still getting food etc ...No one is trully paniced yet ..This drags on for a while supplies run low or no one to send them ...Then things will get ugly a ugly we have not seen in a long time .

Bear in mind pretty much all gun and ammo sight are either not taken any order or are back ordered for weeks etc ... Remember many had closed or scaled back production lines before this due to lack of demand ie not any major gun ban threats ..So a lot of them did not have a lot of stock in places or ready ..So double hit .

Body armor at most places is still 4-8 weeks or more out delayed .

People are worried . Right now it is more like a snow storm everyone is clam and being nice to everyone ..Power is on water is flowing food can still be had maybe not what you want but enough ..And cops will still come if someone breaks in ..Any of that goes ...
Factory also in the stock market , money people will get despret at some point to feed them self or family ..No paycheck no help ....

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Yes, it will get worse...

Our local Publix just got restocked with this exact product. I happened to be in the store this morning, looking for masks, and I saw them stocking the shelves with the AngelSoft product. Yes it was going off the shelves almost as fast as it was being stocked, but no one tried to get a lot. I did get one 12 pack and a pack of Bounty paper towels.

As I was getting back into my car (right, no masks) i saw a Publix tractor trailer pulling onto the lot and around to the loading dock.

I just wish I could get two masks, so I can go to the hospital for my RA infusion next week. Oh well, my wife has been getting the instructions for DIY masks. I guess that's the route we will have to go. She has said she is going to make me a mask with cat fabric.

·
Registered
34,003 Posts
I was also thinking about the same thing. Maybe not enough truck drivers, or They are hauling more important things. (?)
Truck drivers have almost no places to stop and eat. Those gas station hot dogs and burritos will get you only so far.

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Truck drivers have almost no places to stop and eat. Those gas station hot dogs and burritos will get you only so far.
About fifty pounds, in my case.

·
Registered
34,003 Posts
I noticed Chinese TP is being imported here now so maybe that will help.
No one can read the Chinese instructions.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
No, the parents are either abusive or good. There isn't an increase in child/spousal abuse in times like this. Never has been.

The level of violence that those who are being abused increases. That has always remained true. Things escalate in those homes as more time together gets things past the safe point. It may appear that more abuse is occurring, but violence has always been in those homes. More people end up in the hospital because there is little/no escape and recovery time.
Seems like you proved my point.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
This is a “must read” article which appeared in ZeroHedge. Bottom line...huge overreaction which damages small businesses and people while having little or no impact on virus cases. The political leaders are not making decisions based on scientific evidence but are rather trading in a currency known as “abundant caution.”

I will ignore the “stay home” order issued yesterday by the StL county executive.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/covid-19-evidence-over-hysteria

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Will it get worse? Probably.

When will we hit bottom, and how much worse will it get?

My guess is no earlier than June, and about as bad as the mortgage bubble burst.
Agree, minimum.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I’m also hearing most truck stops are closed, so not toilets, no showers. Big distribution centers are bringing in extra port-a-filths for them. Those good people can only do this so long before they are worn down or ill.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I’m also hearing most truck stops are close, so not toilets, no showers. Big distribution centers are bringing in extra port-a-filths for them. Those good people can only do this so long before they are worn down or ill.
I heard there were some good folks picking up drive through food for truckers who cannot access them with their big rigs. Heard a driving couple on the news talk about that and bathrooms being hard to find.

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Covid-19, the Chinese Virus, whatever you wish to call it, will end, when it ends. Like all other pandemics that have happened in the past.

The democratic States. As in Maryland. And New York State, well in NY mostly the City because you can get Carry permits, valid in the State. Not so much in NY City. Also to some extent in Illinois. Chicago!!

When the armed Gang Bangers run out of food in their homes? I predict, they will head out to homes with more food than they have and take it.
We live in Florida! I am in track pants and a short-sleeved tee type shirt, and old guy slippers. (Well I am one!) Complete with a Glock 19 4th Gen, with night sights, in my right pocket, cell phone in the left.
Loaded with 16 rounds of Federal 147g HST that says Law Enforcement on the 50 round box. Bought for my Sons Security Co. I actually do not think it is restricted.
But it gets great reviews.

After the first reported home invasion (if it happens) a Steyr AUG with a 30 round magazine onboard will be available, in the Jeep on the back seat when out and about. The one and a half-power scope is robust and handy.

Am I frightened, scared? Not in the least. But forewarned is forewarned. We armed denizens of Florida have this ability to be armed, and I am sure most who avail themselves of this privilege take it very seriously.

I do.
Yes, it is getting worse.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I heard there were some good folks picking up drive through food for truckers who cannot access them with their big rigs. Heard a driving couple on the news about talk that and bathrooms being hard to find.
Good on people for helping in the drive thru. The interview I watched the trucker stated he had been refused service by walking up.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Seems like you proved my point.
Not even close. There is a difference between more people abusing their family/SOs, and those who simply have gotten more violent. It's not an increase in the number of people being violent as you claim.

Hidden violence is still violence. What was hidden simply comes to light. Ironically, should the victims live, this may be an opportunity to get the children help and the SOs may hit rock bottom and choose to be free.

21 - 40 of 229 Posts