Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
33,880 Posts
South Korean Model

I have a relative in Daegu, so I've heard much of this in small personal reports, but this captures the broader picture.

Everyone wearing masks was important - to prevent the spread by the asymptomatic and the ill, even though the utility of use by the healthy is suspect. It also reduces public shaming of those wearing masks, if everyone else is. The ol' Scarlet A trick reversed. :yup:
They have masks for everyone? We are doomed...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
South Korean Model

I have a relative in Daegu, so I've heard much of this in small personal reports, but this captures the broader picture.

Everyone wearing masks was important - to prevent the spread by the asymptomatic and the ill, even though the utility of use by the healthy is suspect. It also reduces public shaming of those wearing masks, if everyone else is. The ol' Scarlet A trick reversed. :yup:
They learned all that from SARS and it seems to have really helped them with this. I also read that they slipped a little bit recently in their diligence and cases increased. Only read that at one source.

·
Registered
33,880 Posts
I don't believe there would be any public shaming for wearing a mask in Korea. They're commonly worn there. Even many Asians wear them here, although I often wonder whether they have something contagious or are afraid of catching something.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I don't believe there would be any public shaming for wearing a mask in Korea. They're commonly worn there. Even many Asians wear them here, although I often wonder whether they have something contagious or are afraid of catching something.
Asian cultures tend to teach people to be more aware of and respectful of others. Many Asians were masks as a courtesy to others if they have a cold, trying to keep from sharing it.

·
Registered
33,880 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Not going to end well with that moron idiot girl with all the kids either couple doors down if she will not stay the hell out of our yard/porch. :mad:

Her kids were at our door this past weekend wanting to come in - NO and What the heck? Why are they even running around door to door asking folks to let them in? Where are the parents?

SHE BROUGHT A FRIEND TO OUR DOOR YESTERDAY!!! Omg, what an idiot. Her friend wanted to shake CWO’s hand and he said no. So she brought an idiot with her?! He sent them off.

The idiot girl knows I’m immune compromised, and yet she does this? NARCISSISTIC FEMALE DOG! She wants something being this persistent as she tried to invite herself over this morning via text?

I’m being nice but it’s wearing thin.

Q: would it be terrible if I told this obnoxious narcissist to check back in six months or a year?
Tell her to call and wave as she goes by but not to stop.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Asian cultures tend to teach people to be more aware of and respectful of others. Many Asians were masks as a courtesy to others if they have a cold, trying to keep from sharing it.
In my life experience I find it to be the polar opposite as most Asians are extremely racist and rude. They are great with their fellow countryman but, think very little of us lowly Americans. Most of the bus loads of orientals in Yellowstone park are all wearing masks and its because they think of us as dirty not out of courtesy at all. Yet, they are the reason that the "No squatting" signs are on all the toilets, Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
In my life experience I find it to be the polar opposite as most Asians are extremely racist and rude. They are great with their fellow countryman but, think very little of us lowly Americans. Most of the bus loads of orientals in Yellowstone park are all wearing masks and its because they think of us as dirty not out of courtesy at all. Yet, they are the reason that the "No squatting" signs are on all the toilets, Hmmm.
Depends on the asian culture. Some are nice, most are rude. Thankfully the Hmong people are in the nice category. So are the majority of Filipinos I know. I work with one nice person from Japan. We need to stop there though lest I get myself in trouble because she truly is an exception to the rule...

·
Registered
33,880 Posts
I always found the Thais to be very friendly, some of them almost too friendly.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yes! It will get worse because there will be more people spreading it around. But on the other hand we are learning how to avoid contact with more people all the time. We live in a small town so we have to pick our mail up from a P.O. Box but we intend to have everything that we buy delivered to the porch. I can pick up the mail at night when nobody is around. We don't touch anything in public without a wipe in our hand and I am thinking about getting some loose fitting gloves that I can remove easily. I intend to set up a containment area in our house for anything that might have been exposed. Lysol and Clorox and time are good at killing viruses on surfaces.

·
Registered
33,880 Posts
I predict a spike in the number of corona babies around the Dec-Jan timeframe. Sixty-some years from now, some youngster will say, "Okay, Corona."

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
It's gonna get worse, before it gets better. The scariest thing I can see are the people, who know NOTHING about out Gun Laws, and the proper handling of Firearms, will eventually either kill somebody or kill themselves. Thebettr thing is, these same people will be selling their guns for cheapo money, and people like US will be buying them up for cheap...
There IS a "Light in the end of the tunnel" Hopefully, we will all benefit from this.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Yes, it will get worse...

That date is not accurate because it is based on current production and shipping times. These times are skewed by not only the huge spike in demand due to ignorant hoarders but also that many production plants and shipping facilities are either shut down or working on less manning.

We make the majority our TP here in the good ol' USA. The whole shortage BS thing that fueled the run on supplies was started via internet rumor that we would get no more TP from China for a year or more. This was total bull. But, it did scare the sheep in to buying buggy fulls which in turned caused other sheep to grab buggies which in turn caused the rest of us to figure we better grab an extra pack or two ourselves or we'd be corn cobbin' it also.

People are starting to realize that this virus, while not good, is not nearly as bad as the MSM is making it out to be.

We will survive and production/distribution will catch up rather quickly when people go back to work.

You will also probably see lots of hoarders on the sides of roads selling TP just trying to break even. This could happen any time once the shelves start becoming stocked.

The main thing we all need to do is, Stop Panicking!

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
As New York City becomes the epicenter, Our wonderful NY brothers and sisters are leaving the city for other places instead of staying in the quarantine zone.
The biggest fear is that they will start to spread it to other areas of the country that are relatively virus free.
They are coming down to Florida and other places.
They do need the national guard to shut down all the bridges and other means of escaping the city.
People in Hot Zones should not be able to just spread this around.
They should be required to stay in place until this runs it's course.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have read about half of the posts here and it seems that most on here on at least trying to remain calm and not over react.

That is very difficult to do with all the misinformation that is being spread.

Throw in the politics of this due to this being an election year and you really need to turn off the TV and take a breath.

We are not doomed. We are not all dying anymore than we have all been dying since the day we were born.

Yes, some of us are way more at risk from this than others and we may or may not even be aware of that as this virus is so new and they do not have years of data on it.

But, the main thing is, simple precautions go a long way to prevent the spread of this virus.

If you have a weakened immune system, you will need to basically not go anywhere that you could be exposed. This virus is not only airborne, it also clings to surfaces very well according to reliable sources. This means you need more protection than what most people can get if you are to avoid picking it up on yourself or the items you pick up.

So those of us that are a little better to fight things off need to really be helping those in our circle that are not able to fight things off as easy.

If you are able to get out, call your loved ones, call your neighbors. See if they need anything.

Take it to them, leave it on the porch. Wave at them through the window. Advise them to mask up if they have masks, but to at least cover their mouths and nose with something and then to wear gloves to disinfect everything you brought before they bring it in to the house.

The quicker we can stop the wildfire spread of this, the quicker we will see the need to shelter in place go away.

We can do this guys, without destroying our country and without killing each other over a slice of bread or a roll of TP.

81 - 100 of 229 Posts