Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my LCP isn't extracting rounds. It's not even stovepiping, the spent casings are remaining in the barrel after being fired, and another round tries to get chambered and it jams. I called Ruger and I'm sending the gun in. I'm assuming / hoping they replace the extractor and ejector, at least. But I wonder if Ruger will be able to fix this, or is the gun too far gone? I've never even heard of this happening before. Anyone??

It was fine for years, this has been a recent issue.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
I don't see why they can't fix it. It's probably a problem with the extractor and or ejector.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I've never had to use Ruger CS but have only heard good things about it from those who have. Ruger is a pretty stand up company imho.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I just talked to Ruger's CS today.
My Bisley came with a buggered up screw. The grips were off kilter, also.
The grips I moved and aligned with the frame better. Hopefully they will stay put. But I could not repair the screw without enlarging the slot. Too much metal had been displaced.

Anyway, I wanted them to send me a new screw, but nooooo.... they are sending me a new screw and new grips. :yup:

Amazing people those Ruger folk.
I had a tracking# this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Not only will they fix it, but they'll probably replace springs etc while the gun is there. .
And maybe even an extra magazine. Their service is top of the heap.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
642 Posts
i had one issue with a Ruger 9E they replaced the slide, polished the feed ramp, and threw in a new silicone polishing cloth, so yes i believe they'll take good care of you as well.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
*Insert positive comment about Ruger customer service*

Seriously, they'll solve your problem.

Reactions: OldChap and PAcanis

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
When I worked in a Gun Store we never had a problem getting Ruger to fix problems. The first I remember was a P95 that a Customer/Friend put together wrong after cleaning. Whatever he did it was jammed up tight. There was no moving the slide. Nothing I could do would move it. They fixed it free. Another Customer took his MK-22 Pistol apart and none of us could get it to work after we put it together. Again fixed for free. And last was another MK-22. The Customer shoved an empty Mag in backwards. I have no clue how he got it in and jammed so bad but, we couldn't pull it out. Ruger fixed it and sent a free mag.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
My only experience with Ruger has been with my LCR .22lr. I called and told them the trigger pull was so horrendous that even after almost 1,000 rounds and dry fires, not only could I not pull it except with both trigger fingers at once, but I couldn't get any of the men I know to shoot more than one cylinder through it.

They paid postage both ways to have it brought in and sent back to me. Unfortunately they made no changes, but told me they tested it and it was within their factory specs. Not bashing Ruger. I learned a lesson about "rent before you buy" though!

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Yeah, sometimes you're just going to have to deal with the specs issue. I've had S&W do the same thing. Overall though, Ruger is one of the best companies you'll ever deal with should an issue come up. If the gun keeps having problems, don't be surprised to see a new one given to you. Be patient though, turnaround times can vary with them like any other company.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
My only experience with Ruger has been with my LCR .22lr. I called and told them the trigger pull was so horrendous that even after almost 1,000 rounds and dry fires, not only could I not pull it except with both trigger fingers at once, but I couldn't get any of the men I know to shoot more than one cylinder through it.

They paid postage both ways to have it brought in and sent back to me. Unfortunately they made no changes, but told me they tested it and it was within their factory specs. Not bashing Ruger. I learned a lesson about "rent before you buy" though!
Yet another reason I only shoot .22 out of guns designed specifically for them. I've had many guns have issues that weren't .22 right off the assembly line. I'm not saying that's the issue with the LCR, only that I play it safe and stick to things like Marks/Buckmarks in my handguns.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Yet another reason I only shoot .22 out of guns designed specifically for them. I've had many guns have issues that weren't .22 right off the assembly line. I'm not saying that's the issue with the LCR, only that I play it safe and stick to things like Marks/Buckmarks in my handguns.
Not sure what you are saying. The Ruger LCR .22lr and the Ruger LCR .22WMR are right off the assembly line.

Gramps had the .22WMR for a short time but the trigger pull on it was even worse. I know now that there is no such thing as a light trigger pull on a .22, not on a revolver and not on a SA. Not if you want the rounds to go bang. We live and learn.

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
285 Posts
My SR40c trigger would not reset after firing it..called Ruger they paid shipping both ways and had it back in 5 days..all new trigger assembly.....Ruger has great customer service.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Not sure what you are saying. The Ruger LCR .22lr and the Ruger LCR .22WMR are right off the assembly line.

Gramps had the .22WMR for a short time but the trigger pull on it was even worse. I know now that there is no such thing as a light trigger pull on a .22, not on a revolver and not on a SA. Not if you want the rounds to go bang. We live and learn.
No no, what I meant was guns that were designed for one caliber and then changed to a different one by the company. Kind of like how the older Glock 23s had some issues because they were basically 9mm designed guns that were modified for the .40. Though in that case they just wore out faster.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
No no, what I meant was guns that were designed for one caliber and then changed to a different one by the company. Kind of like how the older Glock 23s had some issues because they were basically 9mm designed guns that were modified for the .40. Though in that case they just wore out faster.
OK. Thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: Dave909
1 - 20 of 31 Posts